Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bluetooth earphones/buds for the gym
  • breninbeener

My newfound access to a gym means id like some earphones or buds for the time im there. I wont be using them for anything else (i dont think) and i tend to get quite sweaty when im using the stationary bike etc.
    I would like it if they could isolate me from the other noise of the gym. Not bothered about a microphone for calls etc.
    I dont have a ton of money to spend and id quite like it if they sounded decent.
    Is there a go to product? Should i consider the buds from aliexpress etc?
    Any recommendations greatly appreciated
    Thanks
    Ian

fadda

After a similar thread, I bought some creative outlier ones, which I’m quite happy with for running

mrb123
    Free Member

The MPow ones they sell on Amazon have worked well for me for sweaty turbo trainer use.

blokeuptheroad

Just bought some of these. Soundcore liberty neo from Amazon. Very pleased with them so far.

toby1

Anker phones

I bought my wife a set of these and she’s been really happy with them, including riding in them in the pouring rain with no sign of any impact to them yet.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Taotronics buds worked for me. £30 or so on Amazon

breninbeener

Is there a downside to earbuds rather than earphones?

CountZero

Is there a downside to earbuds rather than earphones?

There’s downsides to both, really; with buds or in-ear ‘phones it’s usually fit and comfort, getting the things to stay in place, cables conducting noise, etc, and over-ear cans just being heavier.
    I’ve got a whole bunch of in-ear ‘phones, plus some Apple EarPods, which I like, and using triple-flange eartips with in-ear canalphones makes them very effective at cutting out background noise, and they do stay in place very well, but they can start to irritate and itch after a while, and they’re usually wired, so microphony is an issue, Bluetooth adaptors are available for some, depending on whether they have replaceable cables, but at some cost.
    I’ve just bought myself a pair of Taotronics Bluetooth noise-cancelling headphones, and I’m rather impressed, but they’re not something I’d wear when exercising, although they do fit very well. Around 30 hours per charge, which is pretty good, and less than £60, which is even better!

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

+1 for the Anker, had 2 set (as I thought I lost one) work a treat for the price.

dooosuk
    Free Member

JBL Endurance Sprint

Just got some of these for running. Come with 3 different sizes of buds so you can change to fit your ear. Work well, stay in place, sound good and only £30.

ceept

I have some “vicseed S1” ones from amazon. £6. Worn in the gym about 10 times now & so far do good.

null

I use these – Powerbeats Pro. Not cheap, but work well, don’t move and waterproof

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I was going to use my Beats but bought some cheap ones from Amazon.

3 months on they needed cleaning weekly and glad I kept my Beats for chiiling.

PrinceJohn

Had a set of the Anker ones the sound quality was atrocious & the little funky shaped rubber gromits randomly stretched & fell off – avoid.

I now have some urbanista apple airpod copies that I picked up for £50 they’re much better.

oikeith

I picked up some second hand apple airpods to see what the fuss was about, being an iPhone user they work really well with the phone and as headphones work really nicely too. I use them in the gym fine, the only issue I’ve had is when I’ve wiped my brow with my sleeve and knocked one out when on the treadmill.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bluetooth earphones/buds for the gym’ is closed to new replies.