Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bluetooth audio adaptor?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

To stream music from ipad to speakers. Seen the Logitech one but wondered what other alternatives. Anyone using one.

Cougar

What are your speakers plugged in to?

d45yth
    Free Member

You can get the Blackberry stero gateway cheap these days. Look on ebay.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Can’t comment on the Logitech one however demoed the Harman Kardan one in Richer Sounds and was left rather unimpressed by the sound (mp3 quality and other arguments aside) it was just very low in volume and rather poor sounding. Was plugged into an Arcam FMJ and some Monitor Audio BX5’s from memory.

The LG soundbar we have recently picked up which also has Bluetooth built in is far superior sounding which surprised me.

Obviously that’s of little use if you’ve a good stereo set up you want to take advantage of. I just ended up buying an RCa to 3.5mm cable instead for a damn site less for the occasions I want it coming out the stereo. Will probably pick up a dedicated DAC at some point.

Appreciate that might not help too much but from personanal recent experience I’m not sold on the BT receivers such as you mention, I tried.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Got a 10 quid one off ebay that seems to work fine- shortish battery life though

loddrik
    Free Member

What are your speakers plugged in to?

Have a phono lead which normally just plugs into headphone socket. To go on these…

loddrik
    Free Member

Tbh might need two anyway. Just bought some Harman Kardon Wireless Soundsticks too (need the adaptor for different speakers) and the signal keeps dropping out. Looks like the problem is that they work better with bluetooth 2.1 rather than the bluetooth 4.0 as used by my iOS devices.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Asda do one – £10 and it works fine.
    Comes with jack/jack and jack/rca leads

zeffir
    Free Member

The Logitech adapter sounds good, bought off eBay for about £20, puts out a good output and signal has been fine

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bluetooth audio adaptor?’ is closed to new replies.