Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • BluePig or Mmmbop?
  • brant
    Free Member

the alu one has more compliant seatstays due to the longer length/no disk mounts.

If seatstays have compliance, then both these frames have more compliant (rather than less compliant) ones 🙂

ie: we made them skinny and uninterrupted, rather than short stiff and fat.

If I can find my dial test indicator and a railway sleeper, and enough time I might have a flex and see what happens.

brant
    Free Member

The top tube is really what you should be looking at if you want to know how springy (from a comfort point of view) a frame will likely feel…

Aye – splay. Top tube flex, wheels spread apart. etc.

Blue Pig Top tube is 31.7mm in the middle, 32.4mm at the head tube though as it’s got an externally butted nice thick wall for strength reasons.

Bolty and John from Blazing Saddles are taking it out tonight around Lee Quarry. Hopefully they’ll be on board as dealers from tommorow 🙂

topangarider
    Free Member

Maybe a better Ragley website with loads of info on might be better than all this conjecture.

Really, unless I was a regular on here – trying to find out stuff about these frames would be tricky. I mean, if you google Ragley and go on the website, it’d put me off straight away – a brand that can’t be arsed to do a proper website.

Just a thought.

dicky
    Free Member

cynic-al
    My steel HT feels springy at 4.2lb, whereas the inbred it replaced was noticably more dull feeling at 5lb

Out of interest, what frame are you now riding?

hilldodger
    Free Member

Really, unless I was a regular on here – trying to find out stuff about these frames would be tricky.

Can’t find any real info apart from stw threads and a bit of blurb on the hotlines site – guess there’ll be more in a few weeks once they’re actually for sale ???

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I hope so

topangarider
    Free Member

In contrast, Kinesis were doing pretty good publicity for their Decade range ages before they were available.

And the frames look nicer.

brant
    Free Member

Gentlemen, noted, and thanks for your concern.

Rest assured various marketingy things in the pipeline.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘BluePig or Mmmbop?’ is closed to new replies.