Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Blue Peter
  • redmex
    Free Member

Can you remember at this time of year many moons ago collecting the ring pulls from your coke or beer can why did they not want all the can? Anyway it got so exciting watching Valerie, John, Pp, Shep the dug, tortoise, maybe a cat or two, Percy thrower the gardener lighting up the xmas tree hitting the targets and able to buy a hundred Land Rovers for Africa. Im sure i gave them my greenshield stamps, they sure did dry your tongue out

maccruiskeen

Can you remember at this time of year many moons ago collecting the ring pulls from your coke or beer can why did they not want all the can?

I think it was a litter picking thing – people tended to bin the cans when they finished their drink but were more likely to drop the ring pull. Two good deeds got the price of one

I was digging in my garden when I lived in highlands about 15 years ago. Started to unearth something  wrapped in black plastic – almost thought it could be a body. It was three full binbags of ring pulls.

weird to have gone to the effort of collecting that many – presumably for a good cause- and then go to the unnecessary effort of  digging a shallow grave for them instead

ThePinkster

Don’t forget the Christmas advent Crown they made every year with a couple of wire coat hangers, some tinsel & fork handles.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gallowayboy

Those aluminium ringpulls were collected from STEEL drinks cans (they had a soldered seam running down the side), pre aluminium cans. God im old!

redmex
    Free Member

Just think if you kept your scantily clad Tennents babe tins what would they be worth now

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

One member of this parish has taken a piss in the Blue Peter garden…

leffeboy

CFH is actually Valerie?

Mind

Blown

Cougar

Im sure i gave them my greenshield stamps

Fun fact. When the arse fell out of Green Shield stamps they started accepting cash in part-payment for catalogue items. When they moved wholly to money and dumped the stamps completely, they rebranded. You might have heard of them, they’re called Argos.

CFH is actually Valerie?

That Zutons song just took an unexpected turn.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Have they dug up the “time capsule” yet? Or has the garden been developed into 16flats incl affordable housing ?

Trimix
    Free Member

I think the time capsule will not to be dug up.

It contains a Jim will fix it badge, a roller painting brush type of artwork, a record about being in my gang and a VHS of Its a Knockout.

TheDTs
    Free Member
    crazy-legs

Not guilty but….

My sister and I were on Blue Peter in about 1986. Part of a youth orchestra thing we did at the time.
    Mark Curry, Janet Ellis & Karen Keating. Can’t really remember the pet(s) at the time. Goldie the Labrador??

Got a Blue Peter badge though and we also had to put up with our Mum showing the sodding video to every visitor to the house for the next few years.

MoreCashThanDash

A guy I worked with claimed to have been involved in the infamous Blue Peter garden vandalism

CountZero

& fork handles.

Fork ‘andles, you say?

MartynS

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>CaptainFlashheart
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

One member of this parish has taken a piss in the Blue Peter garden

</div>
    just the one…..!!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Don’t forget the Christmas advent Crown they made every year with a couple of wire coat hangers, some tinsel & fork handles.

I see what you did there, and I like it.

Cougar

Mark Curry, Janet Ellis & Karen Keating. Can’t really remember the pet(s) at the time. Goldie the Labrador??

Goldie belonged to Simon Groom, so I don’t think so.

Uh. I have nothing more constructive to add.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Blue Peter’ is closed to new replies.