• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by poah.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Blue Flow Carbon Wheels
  • endurokid
    Free Member

Hi all,

Has anybody had any experience with these wheels?

I’m just looking for real world feedback from people who actually use them on a regular basis.

Any insight, good or bad, would be appreciated.

Cheers

Endurokid (Aaron)

mimmiethecat
    Free Member

I’ve got two sets now, they swopped my old hubs onto new rims due to a new boost frame.
    My rims have done 3 alps holidays, lots of rocky uplift and general abuse.
    They are scratched, chipped and have generally lead a hard life, but are functionally perfect.

Girlfriend did manage to damage a rim by repeatedly doing drops onto pointy rocks with a flat tyre, it still held air but it was replaced at cost very quickly once back from the trip.

Really could not recommend enough, can’t imagine buying anything else now as the customer service has been fantastic.

jedi

I’ve been impressed by the carbon wheels I have seen. Not tried any yet but seen fellow riders hammer them

jfb01
    Free Member

I have two pairs.1 set 27.5,for 3 years & just bought a pair of 29er wheels.Highly recommenced.Nevr had to touch the 3 year old set.Great company to deal with.

endurokid
    Free Member

Cheers all, good to know.

Keep the comments coming please!

buzzbomb
    Free Member

Highly recommended, customer service is excellent, the price is just right and the wheels have been faultless.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Review on the front page isn’t there?

At that price point you can get a cheap set of carbon wheels or a really top end set of Aluminium. It would be really interesting to truly blind test back to back.

endurokid
    Free Member

My other option is DT FR560. £300 cheaper and a bombproof wheelset, well, from what I’ve read.

nosedive
    Free Member

My mate has had a set for a couple of years and gets on well with them. I fancy a set but for about 60% of the cost pro4 with stans flow from crc seems more tempting. As far as I can make out its an extra 300+ quid to save about 100grams on the wheelset (happy to be contradicted though if someone knows the exact weight of both?)

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I can’t really see the point in them when they cost & weigh more than a set of DT XM1501’s.

poah
    Free Member

would they not be more comparable to EX1501 wheels?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Not really IMO.

The 30mm XM1501 is based on the XM481 rim, which in my experience has proven to be tougher and out outlast any brand of carbon rim I have used (which has been a fair few).

And they ride better too:)

poah
    Free Member

so are saying the blue flow carbon wheels are more trail use than enduro (buzz words appology)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Blue Flow Carbon Wheels’ is closed to new replies.