Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Blown Shock – Advice on what to do if you will…
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

So, a colleague came over to me today, having seen my bike in my employers storage area, and told me that bike was leaking “from the pedals”.

Went to have a look and oil was bubbling out of the pro-pedal switch area and on to the floor.

It’s one of the last surviving/original parts on my 08/09 Spec Pitch (Fox RP2) so not really surprised it has finally gone, besides it has served me well having absolutely no maintenance in that time.

Sooo, with budget in mind, what to do with it? Bin it and buy another second-hand? Send it off for servicing/repair??

What do you reckon?

tthew

I’ve had that on a Specialized bike, was a Triad shock, but I understand that was pretty much a re-named RP2. The spring should still work OK, it’s the damping that will be affected.

Send it off for service/repair. If you buy a second hand one, this could shortly go the same way.

z1ppy

Send it off for inspection/quote on repairs & make a decision then. As far as I’m concerned you can’t guarantee a 2nd hand shock won’t also need servicing asap.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    almightydutch
    Free Member

As long as the stanction is ok then I see no reason why not to get it serviced.

As Zippy said send it off for a quote?

For the price of a 2nd hand shock you could get yours serviced and custom valved so the pro pedal lever does something. If you’ve never had it serviced it will be a revelation as to how it can perform!!

patriotpro
    Free Member

Good point re 2nd hand shock – better the devil you know n all that.

Any recommendations on whom to have service it?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

http://www.stendec-works.com/

I can recommend these guys

ash.addy
    Free Member

Also don’t forget Loco tuning

patriotpro
    Free Member

Cheers guys

Mugboo

Loco fan here, top man indeed.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Take it to the Post office to have it disposed of properly. In case it explodes or something.

z1ppy

J-tech another small independant like Loco, or the suspension legend that is TF Tuned should not be overlooked or even Mojo Fox’s official agent

breadcrumb

Mine done the same a couple of years ago. TF Tuned sorted it out, it had a new stantion(?) fitted too as it had a chip, but that was only £20-odd. Think it came to just over a hundred all in, given that it had never had a proper service (regular air sleeve service done though) in four years I think that’s ok.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have the original x fusion from my pitch if you want that to get running for a bit. It’s OK but doesn’t have any bushes in it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Blown Shock – Advice on what to do if you will…’ is closed to new replies.