Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Bloody Planet X pricing just cost me £200!! I should have known better….
  • Premier Icon ads678

So I bought a Pro Carbon Evo SRAM Force 22 with 20% off on Black Friday for £1200. I’d been looking to get just a frame only after Christmas but thought this was a good deal. Just seen they’ve now dropped the price by £500 to £999!

****!

Premier Icon martinkiely
    Free Member

Last time that happened to me, I rang up and complained and they told me to send the original one back for a refund and order a fresh one…

Premier Icon doomanic

Not in the same league, but the helmet pricing is up and down like a whore’s drawers.

I’d quite like a Scandal, but I missed the pre-sale and I’m sure there would be a price drop just after I bought one now.

Premier Icon ads678

I just asked about it on their live chat and they said, “Oh well prices are subject to change……”

It’s still a great bike but to drop the price that much after being sucked in by a supposedly good deal is a bit gutting!!

Premier Icon n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

They are their own worst enemy as reagrds pricing, IMO. I’ve never bought a complete bike from them, only parts and clothing, but often there is always a doubt along the lines of “wasn’t this item cheaper last week/month/year” so you hold off buying unless you really must buy.

Premier Icon ads678

Wouldn’t mind if they’d dropped the price to the sale price I paid but to drop it by £200 less than the sale price is a right kick in the teeth.

I’d been looking for a while and keeping an eye on pricing, frame had gone up from a previous price drop so I didn’t think they’d go down that much.

Premier Icon plus-one
    Free Member

It’s not just Planet X though. One of those money saving guys on tv last week said Black Friday was one of the worst times to buy certain things. Best deals were generally all in December after Black Friday

Premier Icon ads678

Well I guess I got sucked in trying to save money. I’ll know for the future……🙄

Best not tell the wife!!

Premier Icon igm

Still pleased with the Tempest R8000 I got for £1660 including a couple of changes/upgrades.

You probably didn’t want to hear that though.

PS My wife talked me into buying it too.

Premier Icon ads678

Yeah cheers for that!

I’m still pleased with the bike, it rides amazing. I’m just gutted with myself for falling for the BF deal when I really could have done with saving another 200 quid….

Wife was happy with me buying it, but she does love a bargain…..

Premier Icon tomhoward

Can you not return it and re buy? Or tell them that’s what you want to/will do, lest they want to refund you the difference to save the hassle?

Premier Icon ads678

I did think they’d drop the price to somewhere near what I paid at some point, but to drop it by so much 2 weeks later is just a bit much to take at the moment.

Only noticed as I was looking for inner tubes for the new bike as I forgot to order spares and saw an ad at the side if the page….

Premier Icon ads678

Can you not return it and re buy? Or tell them that’s what you want to/will do, lest they want to refund you the difference to save the hassle?

Dunno, I’ve used it now and there’s nowt wrong with it…and I bought it on 0% finance…..

Oh well, lesson learned…

Premier Icon dogbone

Buy a new one the same spec. Return that one as more expensive one.

Premier Icon jam-bo

if you weren’t aware of the even lower price, would you still be happy with your purchase?

Premier Icon RustySpanner

It’s the only reason I’ve never bought a bike from them.
    It just comes across as shady.

Actually, that’s not true. The awful customer service my daughter received when trying to return a damaged frame is another reason.

Premier Icon ElectricWorry
    Free Member

I had the same thing. Bought a Ti Pickenflick frame in the “Fib”onacci sale at £610 (which to be fair is a bargain) but then it was £499.00 a couple of weeks later.

It’s best not to look. I’m totally happy with the bike so happy to shrug it off on this occasion.

Bastards.

Premier Icon ads678

Jambo & EW – yeah you’re right. I’m still happy with the bike and will keep it. Wasn’t looking at the bike/price but accidentally saw an ad whilst looking for something else. Just a bit galling at the moment, I felt really good about the purchase, but £200 less would have made it even sweeter!

I didn’t really need or want to buy the bike at the moment but fell for the discounted price, thinking they might sell out!! Honestly didn’t think they’d drop the price quite so much after I’d only ridden it once.

Premier Icon boxelder

It saved you £300 first though, so you’re still £100 up on where you started.

Premier Icon RustySpanner

Not the point.
    It still comes across as a bit Del Boy.

I don’t buy expensive stuff from companies I don’t trust.
    Shame. I like Brant as a bloke and I like some of the bikes he designs.

Premier Icon ads678

It saved you £300 first though, so you’re still £100 up on where you started.

🤣 I’m trying to think like that, through the tears!!

Need to buy new glasses as well, as I broke mine whilst tickling my son the other day, and he accidentally head butted me!

….and got a bloody puncture this morning…..

Woe is me….

Premier Icon sweepy
    Free Member

I was on the cusp of buying one of their front lights till they started playing silly buggers with the price. So im going for the very similar one on crc instead. And if its no good it’ll be easier to return i dare say. And its vheaper than their low price nevermind the high one its at now.

Premier Icon Big-Bud

You were clearly happy paying that sum when you bought it so can’t blame the company in question.yes it’s a bit gutting but it does happen.
    You’ll get over it

Premier Icon freddiest

Bit of a good will gesture wouldn’t go a miss. Threads like this definitely put me off buying a bike from them.

Premier Icon tdog
    Free Member

“got a puncture”

you’re doomed with your early xmas purchase 😜

Premier Icon ads678

Wasn’t the new bike but was another Planet X!

Makes you think……

I was obvs happy paying what I did, but £200!!

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Free Member

It’s the only reason I’ve never bought a bike from them.
    It just comes across as shady.

some of their price movements come across like that but also TBF, suppose they bought a container load with the intention of price cutting them on Black Friday knowing that folks go mad for a deal. However the results of that have been less than fantastic (because we’re all super-savvy consumers who know BF is a con*) and now they have 3/4 of a container of bikes tied up in stock that they need shifting. So they price according to their need to shift more.

It’s not <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>necessarily</span> shady, it’s what retailers do all the time

* except ads678, who’s a gullible fool 😉

Premier Icon tdog
    Free Member

nahhh I understand how you feel ads!

Might be worth reaching out to BRANT BRANT BRANT

I have heard he gives refunds if you hacksaw the frame and get to keep parts off frame too 🤣

Premier Icon tdog
    Free Member

oh and what theotherjonv said 👍

Premier Icon damascus
    Free Member

Title is all wrong. This should be a psa. That’s a bargain. 🤣

This is £999 too. 🤔

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXRRRIVDISC/planet-x-ec-130e-disc-sram-rival22-aero-road-bike

Premier Icon luv2ride
    Free Member

Yeah, just saw that ec130 disc. If it has bigger tyre clearances than tbe rim brake version it should be ace….at under a grand it’s a proper bargain.

Premier Icon ads678

Damascus it is a bargain, probably why I’m so pissed off at the moment. Apparently they are selling at cost price at the moment, so they told me. Which made me feel soooo much better…..

Bloody lovely ride is the pro carbon evo. I can recommend it. If you bag them at that price and they’re not making any money it’ll make me feel a bit better.  Not that I’m bitter….

Premier Icon swedishmetal
    Free Member

When I worked in retail if a customer was nice I’d try to give them a refund and resell at higher price if it had gone down pretty soon after they bought it eg within a week.

If they were objectionable and/or it had been a much longer time I would ask them if it was ok to ring them up when the price went up and ask them for the extra cash for something they had bought? Weirdly that seemed to shut them up. 😂

This all proves that consumers are pretty dumb though. Why on earth would a retailer sell something at their lowest price the one day when most people will be looking to buy something? Makes no sense at all! Only takes a few seconds of googling to find out the cheapest deals are never on BF anyway. Or if they are it’s for crap you don’t need or want any other time. 😂😂

Premier Icon ads678

Fair enough I fell for it, obviously got sucked into their game. I still got what I thought was a good deal, doesn’t stop me being miffed about it now though. Like I said I expected them to bring the price down at some point just not so much so soon.

BTW I was polite when I asked them about it on their live chat. I just didn’t think their response was very good. Not sure what I really expected though.

Can’t see me buying from them again now though….

Premier Icon nuke

Can’t see me buying from them again now though….

Oh ffs, you win some, you lose some. Cant believe this thread… fishing for Brant to turn up with a refund to me 🙄

Premier Icon ads678

Was just venting earlier when I started the thread.

But I don’t know if I would buy from them again, a bit more time between a major price drop and I probably wouldn’t have been bothered.

You win some you lose some, but no one is ever happy about losing.

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

But I don’t know if I would buy from them again

So, you’ve got a bike you really like, at a price you were happy to pay? Stop greetin ffs. 🙄

Premier Icon ads678

I know, I know. You’re right. I wasn’t fishing for any thing just moaning. I’m a bit down at the moment (work stuff generaly) so I think I just felt a bit shit about the potential for saving more money if I’d waited.

Any way that’s the last from me so feel free to let the thread die.

The bike is awesome though and looks all so much better in the flesh, so if you’re looking for a new road bike I think you should consider one of these. The SRAM gears and hydro brakes are great too.

Premier Icon plus-one
    Free Member

Fence needs staining and leaves picked up. Oh and maybe stain the treehouse too while you have it out.

Bike looks good though 🙂

Premier Icon easily
    Free Member

The bike is awesome though

That’s all you need to worry about

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.