Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bloody Cyclist.
  • wanmankylung
    Free Member

Was down at the Parkrun in Edinburgh this morning. Some dickwad on an expensive carbon road bike, decided that 20mph+ was the most appropriate speed at which to cycle through the densely packed group which was going in the opposite direction. He was very very close to hitting a group of kids and did not give a ****.

He had deliberately avoided the clear path off to the side which would have saved any hassle.

Cyclist in this instance is defined as a person on a bike, because nobody who rides enough would be so stressed to think that type of behaviour acceptable.

chip
    Free Member

Obviously using strava, should have clothes lined him.

A suppose all you can do is ask him to slow down. Doubt it would work but unless he actually knocks a kid over you are not allowed to punch him in the Adam’s apple.

breadcrumb

^looks like a stealth edit.

Jamie
    Free Member

Should have punched him in the bracket.

Possibly in a zoo.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

We’re the densely packed bunch of runners trying to run an organised event on open public paths? Did they have proper signs up?

yunki
    Free Member

I kicked a lemur once

neilm
    Free Member

This kind of behavior is absolutely unforgivable… unless accompanied with the scream STRAAAVAAAA!

Jamie
    Free Member

I kicked a lemur once

Hopefully in the femur.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

We’re the densely packed bunch of runners trying to run an organised event on open public paths? Did they have proper signs up?

You’re the densely packed bunch of runners? I think you may have multiple split personality disorders. (Yes there were lots of proper signs up. The guy was just being a knobber. Probably a No voter.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hmm psychology via stw what a bonus

discoduck
    Free Member

I had to Cycle through a bunch of runners the other week whilst riding on Hampstead Heath, one of the group shouted at me to stop and questioned my morales and pointed out that I was in a park and NO cycles were allowed, right next to a sign stating Shared Footpath CYCLE Speed Limit 12MPH !

All this happened whilst a couple of kids no older that 8 cycled past in one direction and a paramedic in full kit on his bike passed by in the other direction.

All this whilst adamantly refusing any Cycles were permitted, I wished him well and reminded him of the Paramedic then told him that I hoped his Heart piled in half way up the hill, yes I know its harsh “that’s life”

MrWoppit
    Free Member

He questioned your morales? Is he a friend of juevos?

discoduck
    Free Member

Typo, wife’s Maiden name, Spanish. iPhone not clever enough to work out where and when to check ?

Not my fault, obviously,,,,,, 🙂

imnotverygood

Out of interest. Shouldn’t the runners all have given way to the bloke on the bike: as per the Parkrun website?

mattjg
    Free Member

iPhone not clever enough to work out where and when to check ?

Neither can it prevent you ending a statement with a question mark it seems. Send it back?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Out of interest. Shouldn’t the runners all have given way to the bloke on the bike: as per the Parkrun website?

That’s all well and good for the people at the front, but given his speed and the fact that people usually cant see through other people it’s not very realistic. Basically he pointed himself at the start line and tried to take as many people out as possible.

discoduck
    Free Member

That’s a bad habit I got into whilst sending short transmissions of text, to be encoded. which were all questions.
    The ! At the end to the receiver meant Don’t send back another **** question I’m telling you that’s what we need.

It drives people insane, at work its OK as everyone does it, looking back at it now it’s annoying me.

Apologies

Uncheck.

chip
    Free Member

Run every Saturday at 9:30 am on shared paths.
    And the runners are meant to give way to other users.

Maybe the cyclist needs some boudica like wheel attachments if the runners can’t stick to their own rules to give way through impracticality.

mattjg
    Free Member

Apologies

nah, my apologies for being pedantic, for nobody’s benefit.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bloody Cyclist.’ is closed to new replies.