Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 165 total)
  • Bloody americans, coming over here and shooting our goats
  • martinhutch

Or Nanny McFreeloader

wwaswas

fasthaggis

If I had a panther I would call it Samantha

perchypanther
    Free Member

If i had a haggis I’d call it Gonnysh…

funkmasterp

If I had a sheep I’d call it Ulysses S Grant or Baaaberella

perchypanther
    Free Member

If I had a sheep I’d call it Jeff

scotroutes

If I had a pig I’d call it Kevin

Cougar

I see what you did there.

BoardinBob

the moral outrage from many meat eaters is laughable.

Its not about the moral outrage as such. Meat eaters don’t tend to pop down the local abattoir and pose over the dead carcass of the cow they’re going to be eating

I can accept the arguments for culling etc, but it’s the boorish “look at how awsums I am” posing that grates.

There’s **** all skill involved in bagging a goat on islay and it’s not something to boast about.

Cougar

Meat eaters don’t tend to pop down the local abattoir and pose over the dead carcass of the cow they’re going to be eating

Maybe they should?  Might give them a sense of focus before they go bleating away on the Internet.

anagallis_arvensis

it’s the boorish “look at how awsums I am” posing that grates.

So you are happy for them to do it as long as they dont take pictures, ir if they do, its fines as long as you dont see them?

There’s **** all skill involved in bagging a goat on islay

Have you tried it? Not been to Islay myself but have shot a goat in NZ.. doesnt need a lot of skill but a bit, it also involved a long day walking in the hills

scotroutes

Have you tried it? Not been to Islay myself but have shot a goat in NZ.. doesnt need a lot of skill but a bit, it also involved a long day walking in the hills

Can’t be bothered looking for it but someone posted a photo of goats on Islay and they were about 5m (that’s metres, not miles!) from the road.

How far do you reckon she had to go to stalk a peacock?

tjagain

I am a meat eater and I have turned live animals into food with my own hands ( and help from a chap with a shotgun)  Cow to cow pie.  Also quite a lot of harmless crustaceans and seafood but I’ll tell you this – scallops fight back and fight nasty.  😉  Much more dangerous than a sheep.

does this mean I am allowed to comment or not?  I have rather got lost in this moral maze

outofbreath
    Free Member

I can accept the arguments for culling etc, but it’s the boorish “look at how awsums I am” posing that grates.

There’s **** all skill involved in bagging a goat on islay and it’s not something to boast about.

Hmmm, I felt the same way about the gloating photos, but then I remember that occasionally I throw a line over the side when I’m sailing. Even more occasionally I catch a fish of some kind, cook and eat it. If I do I *always* post the photo on FB. There’s little skill and almost no work in catching Mackerel. (Or not the way I do it.)

I’m not at all convinced that’s any different. I don’t even have the excuse that my career requires it.

anagallis_arvensis

Can’t be bothered looking for it but someone posted a photo of goats on Islay and they were about 5m (that’s metres, not miles!) from the road.

You could do the same with red deer and people who stalk and shoot them dont get the same amount of grief on social media..

That peacock pic is proper special mind! I understand why people dont like the pictures but the outrage over a goat and a sheep being shot is laughable considering how most of them go and then when you dig a little some on here are just upset cause she took pictures.

Merak

TBF it looked like it deserved it.

scotroutes

You could do the same with red deer and people who stalk and shoot them dont get the same amount of grief on social media..

Bloody rats with antlers!  Yeah, there are days I’ve had to push them out of the way. The ones in Glen Muick were terrible for that.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Its not about the moral outrage as such.

If that is the case, then WGAS and the whiners need to get a life.

It appears to be moral outrage, FFS there’s a question about it in Scottish Parliament!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It tells you where it’s from on the packet.

Thanks to some ludicrous rules, a lot of NZ lamb gets shipped over here and packaged. You’re then at liberty to say it’s originated from the UK.  So at best you’re guaranteeing that you’re supporting the british meat packing industry, but not the farmers.

anagallis_arvensis

Talking of lamb farmers were on telly again complaining about Brexit uncertainty and how little their sheep are worth, why is lamb so bloody expensive then?

I could pay a farmer £60 to shoot one and I’t be much cheaper!!!

outofbreath
    Free Member

TBF it looked like it deserved it.

If people have a problem with strutting around gloating I’d have thought they’d be delighted at the Peacock getting its just deserts.

vinnyeh

Thanks to some ludicrous rules, a lot of NZ lamb gets shipped over here and packaged. You’re then at liberty to say it’s originated from the UK.  So at best you’re guaranteeing that you’re supporting the british meat packing industry, but not the farmers.

BS,  link please.

donks
    Free Member

She can do one back to USA and hopefully not darken our door again. Fair enough… animals may need culling. A bullet well aimed will do a very neat and quick job without undue suffering to the animal. Great…. there are plenty of folk who professionally shoot animals for this purpose. Just don’t need her and her cronies displaying it with big smiles and all the hunting gear then offering the images up to the internet. Publicity seeking narcissist trying to bolster her pseudo celebrity status. Maybe I’ll start offering up all of my electrical services CAD drawings to the internet that should go down a storm.

I just find it pathetic really. The land owners or whoever she paid for the hunt privilege should have bloody well told them to keep their uninteresting and imo barbaric gloating to them selves or no more highland hunting.

I do a bit of fishing but never photographed the fish with a pouty over my shoulder pose.

Dickyboy

The Union Jack flag in the Red Tractor logo confirms your food has been born, grown, prepared and packed in the UK.

Err seems to contradict you drac – care to quote rather than link?

CraigW
    Free Member

How many wild goats are there living on Islay? What impact are they having on the environment? Is the population sustainable? Who says they need culling?

Also this trophy hunting is killing the biggest, strongest animals. It distorts the natural populations, where you would have survival of the fittest, ie the weaker animals would do. So how does this affect the health and welfare of the animals.

Drac

Err seems to contradict you drac – care to quote rather than link

It’s not me it contradicts.

martinhutch

I do a bit of fishing but never photographed the fish with a pouty over my shoulder pose.

You’re missing out.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Tesco getting caught with its pants down and apologising:

Tesco agreed to change the labelling of a frozen New Zealand lamb joint by supplier Acre Lane in August, after it was criticised for stating its country of origin was the UK.

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>A spokesman said at the time the label would be changed to read ‘packed in the UK using lamb from New Zealand or Australia’.</span>

https://m.thegrocer.co.uk/527007.article?mobilesite=enabled

Not illegal, just misleading. They can also sell mixed origin packs, so half your chops can come from Britain, the other half NZ.

anagallis_arvensis

Just don’t need her and her cronies displaying it with big smiles

You see I just dont get this. If you dont like animals being shot or killed then fair enough, but taking a picture seem harmless enough.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Stupid woman…

ElShalimo

Stupid person

hols2
    Free Member

That sex toy looks like it would be a bit discomforting if you weren’t accustomed to that sort of thing.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

What kind of world do we live in these people make me sick.

wallop

I’d shag her.

Wow.

rene59
    Free Member

I’d shag her.

#MeToo

squirrelking
    Free Member

#Me Three

alpin
    Free Member

^^ kinky

athgray
    Free Member

I don’t know alpin.
    There are many words to describe 3 STW’ers with a gun toting blond, a dead goat and a blood splattered sex aid. Kinky isnt the word that springs to mind.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 165 total)

The topic ‘Bloody americans, coming over here and shooting our goats’ is closed to new replies.