• This topic has 27 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Watty.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Bloodlands
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Episode 2 – didn’t see that coming!

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Audio is reaaaaally bad at crucial moments aaaaaand that accent ! Jesus ! Have to guess what’s going sometimes.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I finished bingeing Line of Duty earlier, it’s my favourite UK crime/Police thriller (so I am feeling critical).

It’s getting better, I can’t quite take him seriously tho, after Cold Feet. Yes H would sorry things out!

thegreatape
    Free Member

I never watched Cold Feet. I remember him as Ivan from Bloody Sunday, so I suppose for me he fits right in.

peterno51

That was a curve ball and a half!

Underhill
    Free Member

I’m trying to figure why they all walked past the Oval after leaving Ravenhill.

Overall, enjoying it

kilo

Episode 2 – didn’t see that coming

Was it a credible plot line?

thegreatape
    Free Member

In TV land it was I guess.

huck2flat
    Free Member

Pretty woeful script, and token “twist”. Far too many drone shots and the zoom heavy camera work is distracting, definitely sub par.

jimilindley
    Free Member

Loads of shots of people frowning out of windows. Lots of grey skies.

mrmoofo

It’s like watching Silent Witness with menace …
    All those panning shots and looking wistful – Emilia Fox will be wanting to know how she failed to get the gig.

DrJ

Pretty woeful script, and token “twist”. Far too many drone shots and the zoom heavy camera work is distracting, definitely sub par.

Ha ha ha – I was wondering when someone would say something like this 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

I’ll agree the plot twist at the end was unexpected.

I’m finding it very Line of Duty-esque. I kind of enjoy it, but sometimes feels a bit formulaic.

I’m guessing the missing wife is Goliath. I’m almost certainly wrong.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Slight coincidence that the Consultant at the Hospital happens to be working with the fellas daughter (But is it his Daughter?) Was the Fellas wife a plant/undercover looking for Goliath in the first place? A bit like the coppers who infiltrated the Eco Warrior movement and had got rather too close..
    The style of filming isn’t too original either. It’s okay Sunday Evening viewing though and beats reality celebrity dog grooming nonsense.
    We could do with something a bit new though, couldn’t we.
    I remember Series 1 of 24 or Lynda La plants police one, these were different, they were filmed and made differently. Now they just copy one of the Scandi ones.

MoreCashThanDash

All seemed to get a bit silly tonight.

I’ll not say more to avoid spoilers so soon after it went out.

DrJ

I think Goliath will turn out to be H.

timbog160

I’m enjoying it. Never watched a scandi crime series so any copying is lost on me..

thegreatape
    Free Member

It was relatively bland this evening.

MoreCashThanDash

There does seem to be a bit of crossing of the streams, as it were.

timbog160

On balance I enjoyed that, although definitely a poor relation of Line of Duty…

bentudder

The annoying one from Steps?

MoreCashThanDash

On balance I enjoyed that, although definitely a poor relation of Line of Duty…

A fair summary. Can’t say I’m too excited at the idea of Series 2

Mugboo

we’ve come to the conclusion that he’s a pretty crappy actor. Came to this conclusion watching Missing but we’d forgotten. That said, we thought Missing was good but probably because of the french chap.

natrix
    Free Member

Interesting that for once the baddy gets away with it………..

MoreCashThanDash

Or does he…..

timbog160

I think his best work was Bloody Sunday – interesting that he didn’t know that much about the troubles prior to filming it..

swavis

we’ve come to the conclusion that he’s a pretty crappy actor. Came to this conclusion watching Missing but we’d forgotten. That said, we thought Missing was good but probably because of the french chap.

I think he was best in Lucky Man, which was ok to start with but just got really daft towards the end. Like most series I suppose.

Watty

Poor imho, sorry. The man can’t act.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Bloodlands’ is closed to new replies.