Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Bloodhound
  • thepurist

There’s a show on Channel 4 6pm next Saturday (14th) which covers the recent(ish) runs in SA.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Sadly running out of cash again I think. They are apparently very close to having a package that will do what they planned.
    Not a popular thing for any corporate to get involved in given current economic and environmental climate.
    Good luck to them. 🤞

TheDTs
    Free Member

Thanks for the PSA👍

P20

TheDTs
    Free Member

Will my name still be on the car or is that all finished with now?

reluctantjumper

The names will still be on there. I went to their open day they held when the car came back from South Africa (the car still had dust on it!) and they talked about how the marketing research showed they gave a massive return on investment in terms of exposure for anyone who put their name on it. Think the number was 15x where most companies are happy with 5x normally. I know they had a lot of interest and were well on course for finding the money to beat the record, the funding to go after 1000 was the next target, but then Covid-19 happened so I don’t know what the situation is now. The Supporter’s Club has been very quiet and I think the whole setup is in full mothball mode until the financial climate improves. I really hope they get to at least try once for the record as it could well be the last attempt at the outright for a long time, focus is moving towards the electric record now.

P20

That was enjoyable

P20

Bugger ☹️
    Not a complete surprise though

https://www.bloodhoundlsr.com/800-mph-bloodhound-lsr-project-for-sale/

thepurist

Surely spare change for the likes of Ineos?

RustyNissanPrairie

Sorry but MrsRNP has organised a small local bunch of volunteers – they did 300 frozen xmas meal hampers and have just done another 200 pie peas and mash (with donated Hollands pie’s).
    Reading some of the referrals that have been coming in and doing some of the deliveries have moved me too tears and I’m usually quite emotionless.

£8millon quid to break a pointless record with last gasp technology when people left right and centre are falling through the support network seems vulgar now.
    Perfect for Ineos or scrap it.

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Bloodhound’ is closed to new replies.