Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Blood Moon – seen it?
  • chipps

Went looking for the fabled blood moon on the hills tonight – lots of fellow moon spotters out in all the high up car parks (at least I think that’s what they were doing) – but solid cloud up here, so not a sausage.

Anyone get to see it?

Sorry to miss it, I even remembered! I’ll have to wait for the Leonids instead…

chipps

Perseids… they’re next. Not the Leonids.

richmars

No. first night for weeks that was cloudy.

drewd

The wife and I have been looking out the window every 10 minutes but it’s been solid cloud here too. It was clear at 7:30!

bubs

Watched it eclipse from a beach in Italy.  Completely clear sky and so we saw the whole spectacle.  It’s still red now and won’t emerge for a couple of hours.  Mars looks amazing tonight too.

ads678

Yep cloudy in Leeds. Bloody British weather!!

Drac

Nope just a cracking thunderstorm.

bubs

Tell a lie, it’s emerging now and looks great.  There is/was a space station fly past tonight as well.

antigee

Clear sky and eclipsed moon sinking over city at 6am in Melbourne and the dog appreciated an early walk

Haze

ISS was around last night as well, think I also spotted Mars at the same time ‘by accident’ as I didn’t realise it was so visible until I read something today…red star looking South West-ish maybe?

Anyway no blood moon here, too cloudy

andytherocketeer

pretty good view of it in Germany

Mars was very red too, just below the moon

Saturn, Jupiter and Venus all visible too

Oh and the ISS flew right over too (better ISS pass tomorrow night though)

Houns

This is all I saw of her last night from the top of Clent. There were a few of us on the South East side of the hill, but well over 50 on the West side looking towards the sunset, I wonder if they thought the moon would pop up once the sun went down 😂

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’ve seen 2 or 3 in the past, they are pretty common eh? Didn’t see last nights, was chucking it down up here!

rene59
    Free Member

Somebody got themselves a cracking photie. From the Guardian.

CountZero

red star looking South West-ish maybe?

Yes, visible every evening, really bright and a definite red in colour, so not easily confused with Jupiter and Saturn.

jamj1974

We were in the hills outside Florence.  It was stunning.  Clear skies and a fabulous view of its oculusion and colour.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Pic from the ISS..

downhilldave

Very good view here in Velez Blanco in southern Spain. Sat and watched in the garden till the midges started to nibble. Mars has been very red/orange for a few nights too and very clear to see.

No light  pollution here, in fact the  only light is a neighbour’s outdoor light about half a mile  away, The moon was very bright last night and managed to take the dog for his late walk without a torch.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Blood Moon – seen it?’ is closed to new replies.