Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Blink Doorbell – What should I do with it?
  • franksinatra

I’ve just been given a free Blink doorbell camera thing. It was a freebie when I got new tyres at ATS.

I work from home so nearly always here, I’m perfectly happy with my old school doorbell and I’ve never really wanted a smart doorbell. However, I see no harm in upping my security game.

Can I / should I set up the Blink as a general security camera covering my porch and driveway area? To do this I would put it on a different wall to my front door, so higher up and 90 degrees to the door. Is this worth doing, will picture quality be worth it or should I just flog the thing?

martinhutch

franksinatra

Any more thoughts?

towpathman

If you didn’t want it in the first place, flog it and spend the money on cakes

i_like_food

Unless you live in a particularly crimey area I’d sell it. You’ll just keep checking it and get paranoid (at least I would).

squirrelking
    Free Member

Or give people something to laugh at when you find the footage of you turning up at the door steaming and falling over a plant pot the next morning.

CountZero

politecameraaction
    Free Member

Id sell it on eBay and buy a camera if you want a camera. Doorbell needs a power supply and will look weird halfway up a wall. If you have a power supply up the wall anyway, you might as well get a combined camera and security light. Also – got to consider that you’ll need either a subscription or local storage in order to store video etc. Lotsa theass on thia.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.