• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by wl.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Blimey, that's the best hardtail I've ridden!
  • ceepers

Ignore the dodgy dropper cable, it’s borrowed off a mate until I can afford a new one!

Stif morf, finished on Friday and two local rides in so far. Ended up going with a small after a long chat with Sam at stif who co-designed it and was super helpful. Definitely the right decision after quite a lot of agonising. Climbs great, better than the transition trans am it’s replacing. Think the frame is a tiny bit lighter and the extra reach means a comfortable position.

It’s an absolute monster downhill – took a kom on our local singletrack loop this morning. It s well chuckable but really composed when it’s steep and feels a lot like riding a full sus until you hit a rock garden and remember there’s no bounce out back.

Even allowing for new bike excitement, it’s genuinely the best hardtail I’ve ridden!

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

looks nice! I like yellow bikes as well. What is the geometry on it? Reach, chainstays and head angle? Or

sparkyrhino

Can’t argue,with any of that.Done bpw & Black mountain on it recently,and some hairy wilder rides with big ups/downs ,it just laughs while I hang on in happy terror

ceepers

Geo is very “on trend” from memory 65 head angle, 425 reach, low bb and 420 chainstays. Very similar to the new orange p7 just 130 travel instead of 140. Currently got a 50mm stem on it as that’s what I had although stif said it’s better with a 35mm and some wider bars to keep the reach similar (bars only 740 right now) I’m only 5’6 and a bit though

blooddonor
    Free Member

Nowt…. rides like a new bike!!!

mikeryan
    Free Member

I bought one of these as I was after a long slack Hardtail. It is my favourite bikes by far. As you say loads of fun turns on the button and feels like a full susser. I am contemplating selling my remedy as it seems boring by comparison. If anyone is thinking of a Hardtail and does not know what to buy seriously try one of these.

superstu
    Free Member

I do like the look of these (and the Santa Cruz chameleon)

chestrockwell

Sounds like my p7 which is a right hoot! The current crop of hard tails are ace.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Was expecting this to be a Stanton thread…. 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

All depends on how many you’ve ridden before though 😉

Looks like you could’ve got away with the next size up, dropper must be close to the minimum insertion point? Great colour though, nothing beats the new bike feel

NormalMan

shortbread_fanylion – Member
    Was expecting this to be a Stanton thread

I was hoping for a Cotic thread 8)

ceepers

I’ve ridden quite a few recently…….

It’s very similar to the p7 and similar to the new ragleys. My mate loves his p7!

Sizing wise, I’m ummmed and aahed a lot but spoke at length with several stif staff including Sam who co-designed it with brant Richards. Both stif staffers who are my size prefer the small over the medium which made the decision for me!

ceepers

Actually I’ve ridden both cotics and I’m quite a fanboi. The soul 275 was nice but very middle of the road feeling in comparison, the stif (& the transition I had before) are much more capable descending without seeming to give much away everywhere else.

The Solaris in plus form was a fun and fast bike until I had a massive over the bars! If I was going plus I’d have bought a sonder though I think.

wl
    Free Member

Yep, sounds like my P7 – these new hardtails are massive fun and actually very versatile too.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Blimey, that's the best hardtail I've ridden!’ is closed to new replies.