• This topic has 23 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • blimey it’s hot :)
  • rOcKeTdOg

sat here in the garden eating my grapefruit contemplating pub lunch and maybe a ride if the evening is cool before returning to garden for a few beers

gotta love the summer!

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Just taking a break, whilst building my very first SS, may saunter over to the pub in a bit, to sit in the garden oggle sun bunnies and sip beer, then have a wobbly test ride later tonight,

Oh and Mrs RJ is away on a hen do

Drac

Was going to ride out to coast but think I’ll wander into town to local butchers for BBQ supplies and then call by pub on way back.

edd

It was over 44 degrees C here at mid-day…

rOcKeTdOg

i took a walk into town earlier, farmers market is on, butchers are wiped out of BBQ meat, better get there soon!

Flaperon

Last year I suffered from 48C heat most days. Back in England I still have the thermal underwear on. 🙂

edd

Flaperon – Were you in UAE or Saudi Arabia by any chance?

Bunnyhop

Got to the butchers fairly early, fridge is now well stocked.
    Rocketdog I think you live too far from us to pop over for a burger. The offer is open though.

Drac

Yes may have left it too late as were packed out with tourists in town, salad stuff has sold out within hours each day in the shops.

Flaperon

edd – no, Phoenix AZ.

I never thought I’d have to get out of a swimming pool because the water was too hot…

DezB
    Free Member

The dog found a good way to cool down on our walk this morning

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Just got back from a short ride round the woods and I feel like my head is going to explode. Last week I was riding wearing a jacket now I want to peel off my skin its so warm.

edd

Flaperon – I’m living in the UAE at the moment and they chill the water in swimming pools. 😉

Must be the most environmentally unfriendly swimming pools in the world: 1) Use a highly energy intensive desalination process to produce fresh water and use it to fill a pool. 2) Use even more energy to cool the water.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Beautiful weather, dry trails, a weekend off and……………fuggin’ man flu!! 👿

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Trails on the upper slopes of the Alps above the tree line may finally be clear of snow by now, hopefully the chairlift will be open to the summit…

rOcKeTdOg

cheers bunnyhop, but after a brace of UBU i cannot drive legally, but have a cold one for me anyway and i’ll return the favour

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Over 40degC on my balcony today. 30+ in the shade. Nice.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Toxicsoks – I am with you there, just coming out the other end of a mild malarial bout so not doing much this weekend 🙁 Did pop into the pub for a quick pint earlier on… had to rehydrate after walking up to some folks house to get a bit of documentation signed!

Would have been a perfect day for one of the forest rides in these here parts… Grizedale or Whinlatter (probably the former to break me back into this riding lark as it is on the doorstep).

toxicsoks
    Free Member

just coming out the other end of a mild malarial bout
    Really?? What spieces?

Sandwich

Dez what’s the dog killed today, or is it a kong? 8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lovely drive sround the lanes in the old Mercedes, lots of people smiling and waving. Back for a BBQ and plenty of cold ale in the garden.

Life’s good.

the_lecht_rocks

27 deg c in laggan wolftrax car park this afternoon at 16.00…
    must’ve been the hottest place in the UK !!!!!!

what a fukkn awesome fast rock day 🙂 🙂 🙂

MrOvershoot

the_lecht_rocks – Member

27 deg c in laggan wolftrax car park this afternoon at 16.00…
    must’ve been the hottest place in the UK !!!!!!

what a fukkn awesome fast rock day 🙂

I think the Highlands were just about the hottest place in Europe today!

DezB
    Free Member

Sandwich – Member
    Dez what’s the dog killed today, or is it a kong?

Today, very disappointing for the poor girl. Nothing caught.
    She did chase the deer again but I called her back.

Or did I?
    8)

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘blimey it’s hot :)’ is closed to new replies.