Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 227 total)
  • Blimey. Binners has been busy.
  • wittonweavers
    Free Member

I think the framed versions are even more stunning! Love them!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

nobody’s getting the Rivi one until I have mine (seeing as it’s for me and I’m in it, i’m allowed to make such demands!)

adam, this weekend some time?

binners

Indeed! Fancy getting out Monday mate. Going to sort your print out next week fella. Using a new printers, which should be better quality than my first ones, which were already bloody reliant, to be honest – so I want to make sure it’s right!

I’m a printers worst nightmare! I’m OCD as ****! 😀

wittonweavers
    Free Member

reliant or brilliant?

Spelling has always been your anti OCD! 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m a printers worst nightmare! I’m OCD as ****!

Missing apostrophe suggests otherwise.

😉

samuri
    Free Member

You’ll have to pay me Royalties on the Rivi one Ads.

I’ll get our company lawyers on it tomorrow as well. That’s our hill that is.

binners

I couldn’t give a shit about spelling. Or apostrophe’a. It’s not my job. If you’re ever really really really bored, you can ask me to go into why graphic designers can’t spell (and none of them can – it’s not just me)

It’s to do with concentrating, to the point of obsession, on the other important stuff on the page – type-setting, leading, alignment, baseline grids, print calibration etc – you actually stop seeing words as words. They’re just geometric forms. I’d never send owt to print until 2 people have proof read it, as that’s just bound to end in tears. Asking me to check spelling and grammar is like asking a monkey to service a jet engine.

Play to your strengths. Pay somebody else to do the rest 😀

Bregante

I agree with Craig, those framed prints look stunning binners.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

bit of a stealth edit there binners? 😉

oh

I agree with Craig

i will cherish that!

binners

Cheers. They’re the A3’s. You should see the A1’s framed! They look brilliant, really big! The joy of vector artwork!!I I’ll post some piccies up.

bones
    Free Member

Lovely stuff.

binners

Righty ho. Just thought I’d update this as I’ve had another batch of prints done. xherbivorex’s picture of Rivi is all framed up and looks great. I won’t post it up, as he hasn’t seen it himself yet.

I’ve also just framed up this beauty as an A1. It looks fantastic at that scale. Even if I do say so myself. The photo doesn’t really do it justice. Its a bugger trying to photograph the big prints without getting all kind of reflections off the glass though.

Who wants it then? It’s the perfect man cave accessory, surely? 😀

iain1775
    Free Member

Loving the one with Winter Hill mast in the background
    A view I will get very familiar with this year as I’m probably going to be spending a few months up there replacing a load of steelwork up the mast
    I shall be taking the bike and sneaking in a fair few rides on ‘windy days’ when we can’t work up top
    Will have a proper browse of your website Binners but imagine I can squeeze one or two on the walls somewhere

edhornby

I know I’ve not been paying attention and reading properly but…. just twigged, it’s an homage to the cinema release poster for Vertigo isn’t it 🙂 good work

binners

It is indeed Ed! An homage to the genius that is Saul Bass. I love his work, and this seemed an appropriate interpretation 🙂

Alex

I do like those. I’m going to see if Binners can do one of our local hills…

binners

Iain – when is it you’re here? You could do far worse than join us on the Monday Night Pub Rides, if you fancy seeing where loads of different routes are in the area.

Give us a shout before you’re here, and we’ll show you around the trails

iain1775
    Free Member

Will do Binners cheers
    A few things to organise at work to ‘reallocate’ myself into a different more site based role but I’m working on it
    The job will be running from about June/July to April/May 2016 so I should have plenty of opportunity

maccruiskeen

Hmmmm – If only there was a way these could be carried around with you all day – perhaps made wearable. Applied to some sort of jersey-knitted, short sleeved, collar-less cotton singlet maybe.

We’d need some sort of catchy name for them though.

Hmmmm

Theres a few designs so maybe there needs to be some sort of armature for displaying them all on.

Hmmmmm

singlet rack world.com maybe

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Its no wonder he has no time to ride…

Harry_the_Spider

Where are they?

Pook

Morning Binners! I’ve built a new wall ready for mine 😀

plumber
    Free Member

Mine arrived last week and very nice it is too.

I’ve put it up at work – these suverners don’t understand hills much

Thanks Binners

hora
    Free Member

blimey binners. One day he’ll be wearing one of those neck scarfs and mixing with the Guardian set 😀

scaled
    Free Member

And moving back to Chorlton 😀

hora
    Free Member

Then I’m doing one of Ladybower for Pook.

Can I have a look at it too seeing as its my riding spot? 😀

binners

Morning All. Harry – the cards are now in a few select shops in the area. As well as some framed prints now being up one of the gallaries.

I’m bringing Andy’s print of Rivington for him tonight. It looks great! Even if I do say so myself. Might pop another of my new ones in too. Should any of you fancy one 😉

Pook – I’ll be on to yours this week. As I know you want a landscape. I got a bit carried away with my Lancaster over Ladybower idea. Which is very nearly finished. Along with another couple of 1940’s styled ones, which may or may not have Spitfires on them. Watch this space.

Phew! Its all go!! Just sorting out this weeks print run. As well as new t shirt designs, some print design for the Irwell Works Brewery (I’ve already been told by Mrs Binners I cant take payment in beer), and all manner of other stuff.

I can’t believe that 6 weeks ago I was sat in a job I increasingly hated. Seem like an awful long time ago now! Another bloody lifetime, in fact 😀

hora
    Free Member

Could you do one of me?

:mrgreen:

spawnofyorkshire

Hey Binners,
    not sure if your got my email through your website, but could you drop me an email (in profile), i’m interested in getting one or two prints off you 🙂

dazh

Has anyone raised the idea of cycling jerseys with these designs on yet? If not why not? I’d buy one, probably more.

Harry_the_Spider

…and he’s still got time to do his masked vigilante with a can of spray paint routine too.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/comedy-phallus-crusader-gets-potholes-9105592

The man is an inspiration to us all.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Has anyone raised the idea of cycling jerseys with these designs on yet? If not why not? I’d buy one, probably more.

Was the subject of discussions on Monday night…

Watch this space!

binners

spawnofyorkshire – If just emailed you.

The cycling jerseys I’m just looking into at the moment.

Just thought I’d post this up of the winter hill design I did for xherbivorex, in situ. Doesn’t look half bad, does it? 😀

Bregante

Love it.

Edit: who’d have thought I’d ever consider having a pic of herbivore on my wall? 😆

Pook

Oi, stop pissing about on stw 😉

binners

I’m doing yours right now Pook. Its coming together nicely

Do you have any preference on colours. I’m doing it in greys provisionally. But I’m going to mess around with other shades once its a bit more finished 😀

Bunnyhop

I’d like a Mellor cross picture but with more girlie, subtle colours (for nbt obviously) 🙂

Edit: Are you getting an online shop/website buying type place?

binners

I should be able to sort that out for you bunnyhop. Its just fitting it in at the moment. I’ve got a bit of a backlog going. Which is a brilliant problem to be faced with. I’m snowed under with work! 😀

This one has just gone to print for spawnofyorkshire

I’m in the process of getting some more designs sorted for my website, then the online ordering in place too. Its all go

wwaswas

needs some rainbows, spokey dokeys and a teddy 😉

Bunnyhop

Not a problem.
    So glad you’re busy.
    Was thinking for the future anyway.

Edit – I’m really liking the Art Deco feel of Pike and Winterhill.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 227 total)

The topic ‘Blimey. Binners has been busy.’ is closed to new replies.