Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 227 total)
  • Blimey. Binners has been busy.
  • Harry_the_Spider
    MrOvershoot

He’s handy with those crayons 😉

Though I’m surprised no Gregg’s placement on the site!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Blimey! … I’ve just read that back to myself, and it does sound like a load of pretentious old twoddle. But, there you go. Guilty as charged, your honour. I just thought I’d try and explain….

It’s almost as if he’s describing his efforts on here!

😉

LoCo
    Free Member

Happy to ‘advertise’ on of his signed prints in the new workshop (FOC Obvs) 😉

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I’ve just realised I have a fb friend in common with Binners – it’s a small world.

mogrim

I like this one a lot.

http://www.adamrowlinson.co.uk/its-all-downhill-from-here/

That one’s just crying out for some spokey-dokeys and a rainbow.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That one’s just crying out for some spokey-dokeys and a rainbow.

And a teddy bear. And a unicorn.

Clover

Always liked the MNPR posters and these are great. Now that the website’s all done though, there’s no excuse for coming out on Monday nights. Is there?

plumber
    Free Member

Excellent

Mine is already on order

1-shed
    Free Member

Some fantastic prints, any idea on price?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Some fantastic prints, any idea on price?

Would be interested in finding out too…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

any idea on price?

A steak bake.

BillMC

I was intrigued by ‘getting the metaphorical felt tips out’. Is this acceptable behaviour?

Shackleton

Some good stuff there, like it a lot. Although I’m a bit puzzled by the cubist cock interpretation of peel tower……

PePPeR

Although there are issues with the website as I can’t see some of the pictures (the urn one to start with) don’t show up on my Samsung phone running Dolphin browser, 8080 too.

Harry_the_Spider

cubist cock

?

I’ve got a fiver on that to win The ‘National.

northernerindevon

“Owd Betts Descent” for the win – although “Its all downhill from here” is a close second.

Really, really like these…

Chappeau Binners

MrSmith
    Free Member

as you’ve taken the trouble to have a look at my work, I suppose I best tell you a little bit about myself. I’ll just put the kettle on…

your typical insecure, and self-doubting creative type

Just for my own enjoyment more than anything.

Some people even suggested I should get some printed out and framed, and they’d actually buy them off me.

come to the wrong place, I’m afraid. Sorry about that. There are lots of people infinitely more talented than me who do that so much better than I ever could.

Blimey! … I’ve just read that back to myself, and it does sound like a load of pretentious old twoddle. But, there you go. Guilty as charged, your honour. I just thought I’d try and explain….

You images a are great but why all that self depreciating twaddle? Do you know a copyrighter? You don’t need 2 pages of about me/what I do when the images speak for themselves. You come across as unprofessional and a bit of dabbler when you obviously are not

DezB
    Free Member

So where does the name “Binners” come from??

Bregante

DezB – Member
    So where does the name “Binners” come from??

Have you never met him?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

You images a are great but why all that self depreciating twaddle? Do you know a copyrighter? You don’t need 2 pages of about me/what I do when the images speak for themselves. You come across as unprofessional and a bit of dabbler when you obviously are not

Agreed. The problem with this writing style, is it’s a very fine line between working, and coming across as annoying filler one has to get through just to learn some pertinent info.

….or even worse, like an email from Pact coffee.

The artwork itself, is very nice.

Pook

I think the strength of the images allows for the ‘twaddle’.

Binners, I’ll order mine

thegreatape
    Free Member

‘I’m a simpleton, and I think my work reflects this’

😀

almightydutch
    Free Member

He did some work for me a few years a go now and cant fault what he did.
    I’d tried myself but not being of the arty fairy type then I stood no chance. However his delicate little fingers created my logo without too much hassle and in very short time.

Reminds me I need to get it updated/changed a bit…oi Binners ya cant!!!

Pook

Binners, can you do me a contemporary, geometric interpretation of a Mint Sauce keyring?

j450n
    Free Member

Tell me you can still get “spokey-dokeys”!

Loving the art 🙂

tthew

I like the railway ones even better than the cycling ones.

binners

Only just spotted this thread. Thanks for the positive responses. And for the not so positive ones about my twaddle. I’m making this up as I go along, you know. And lets be honest: honking on unnecessarily on t’interweb is something I’ve always been guilty of. 😀

I shall now delete all that, and replace it with ‘I’m ****ing great, me! Now buy some of my artwork, you bastards!

Price-wise: Depends what you want really? What size? What frame etc. The prints themselves are pretty bespoke. I don’t print volume. Each one is done as a high quality 6 colour print onto matt finish film, not paper, as its colour-fast and doesn’t fade. The artwork is set up so I can do any design in any colours you like. I’ve just done this version of the Owd Betts print for Plumber*

I’m doing a variety of sizes. I think they’re very reasonably priced, and affordable. As does anyone who’s bought one. And I’ve sold a good few in the last month. But I would say that, wouldn’t I? If anyone seriously wants one, drop me an email, or message.

Actually… I’ve only got one A3 of my original print run of the orange turbine print, sat here window mounted in a nice oak frame. Yours for £45 guvnor. I’m cutting my own throat etc etc….

I’m really busy. Its gone a bit mental to be honest. Got 3 commissions on this week. Presently doing a lovely art deco composition of the view across the bay from Cleveleys waterfront of the Lake District fells, for a customer in London. Then I’m doing one of Ladybower for Pook.

Genuinely though… thanks for the interest and the positive comments and vibes. I’ve been a bit overwhelmed by the reaction I’ve had, to be honest. As has been noted, I’m not the most confident in my own abilities. And I certainly don’t like shouting about my work. Need to change that I suppose. But its not really me.

* Plumber – as I’ve got so many commissions on, I want to send them all to print together, as I’m using a new printer for this run, (should be even better quality than the last run!) so I want to check them coming off the press individually. I reckon back end of next week mate.

binners

And while I’m in flagrant self-promotion mode, can I just shove this one out there into the *edit* world.. 😉

I finished it yesterday. Its of somewhere a lot will recognise, and featuring xherbivorex of this parish, to adorn the wall of his new house. Can’t wait to see it printed, mounted and framed, and up on’t wall

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its lovely but the mast is on the wrong side of the pike as your perspective is not my house

For that reason I am out

Will e-mail you as I do quite like it [ can it be easily reversed?] and I will say its me – he is a vegan its near enough

Bregante

And while I’m in flagrant self-promotion mode, can I just shove this one out there into the word

word? Good with the crayons – rubbish at spelling!

Seriously though binners I really like those, particularly the Rivi one and if I can convince the Mrs to let me have some bike related artwork, I’ll be dropping you an email.

I fancy a Blackstone Edge one looking down across Mordor to the lake…..

binners did me some posters last year onto a Matt finish paper and they were lovely.

cliffyc
    Free Member

Very nice work indeed.?

lowey

You’ll have to pay me Royalties on the Rivi one Ads.

They are bloody brilliant though mate. Really good stuff.

Bunnyhop

Owd Betts in the orange has a certain ‘Art Noveau’ quality, which I like.

Good luck with this Binners.

Cougar

Looks like you’ve got two of the same pic up there mate, Owd Betts and Edenfield.

Harry_the_Spider

Same place.

Esme
    Free Member

. . . but different bike

Cougar

Ah.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Sweet class 14! May ask the wife for it as a birthday present for my railway room…

nickc

The problem is that having bought one of these, I now realised I do in fact need a triptych. They’re fantastic bits of art. and great quality.

Binners, we can have a chin wag about which prints I need, next we catch up.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 227 total)

The topic ‘Blimey. Binners has been busy.’ is closed to new replies.