Bleeding elixir 5 :(

Home Forum Bike Forum Bleeding elixir 5 :(

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bleeding elixir 5 :(
  • Does anyone actually bleed this brakes and become successful? ….have this for a year and never a month goes by that i dont bleed this but still ended up mediocre or ok (ish) kinda bleed .

Premier Icon akira
    Subscriber

Never really had an issue, got two pairs and bleed occasionally when required.

eewan1

It may not be a problem with how you are bleeding them, it could more be an issue with the internals of your brakes.
    Because dot fluid is corrosive it can perish the rubber o seals and internals of your brakes, it may be worth rebuilding them with a new internal kit if they are more than 18months old.

seavers

I used to bleed them with a brake block in place of the rotor, now I just leave the wheel in place, rotor protected. Get much better results. 10 mins each end, leant from the video on the Avid site.

Premier Icon jimmy
    Subscriber

What eewan said. I struggled for years with bleeding mine then replaced the internals and they work perfectly. Available for £15 from Germany – mail me if you want details and I’ll dig it out. Easy job to replace them too.

cycl1ngjb

From my experience (4 different sets across 3 different bikes) it’s just a case of taking your time with the bleed process & following the SRAM videos to the letter.

Been running Elixir’s for about 3 years now & have found them to be pretty reliable. I’m aware that there are plenty of folk who’ve had issues.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bleeding elixir 5 :(’ is closed to new replies.