Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bleeding edge port/insert into caliper ? Where/how ?
  • weeksy

Gents,
    Morning.
    I’m after a SRAM bleeding edge port.

https://www.mdframeo.top/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=84968

Just the threaded insert that goes into the caliper. (top left in pic), is it possible to buy one of them alone ? Or indeed, 2-3 🙂

Thanks

weeksy

https://www.bike24.com/p2288993.html

This is the part number for all the gubbins… but i just want the bleeding edge port really.

And obviously we have the UK shipping issue with that place.

DickBarton

I don’t think you can get just that. I’ve been lazily looking for the hose connector bit on a Guide caliper so I can fit those but I can’t get it unless I get the hose as well – which seems to be a 35 quid purchase resulting in plenty spares that’ll never get used.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    frogstomp

Weeksy, try this. If you look in the SRAM Spare Parts Catalogue there are several different kits which include the part, just with different bolts etc. depending on the intended caliper.

I’ve been lazily looking for the hose connector bit on a Guide caliper so I can fit those but I can’t get it unless I get the hose as well

This?

weeksy

Will do Frog, thanks

DickBarton

Thanks @frogstomp…useful but don’t think that is it. I’ve got the hose but not the banjo bit that connects the hose to the caliper.
    The bit you’ve posted looks almost right as I think that will go in the caliper, but then need the bit to join the hose.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I have an Epic bleed kit for guides which have this. Have you tried them? I think they sell them as spares?

frogstomp

but then need the bit to join the hose.

@DickBarton
    – which bit do you mean? The adapter I linked to you just push into the end of an open hose. The official SRAM ones have an extra screw together compression fitting but the one above should be fine as long as it’s a snug fit. If you mean the bit at the other end of the hose, that will be specific to the syringe you’re using.

DickBarton

Yeah, I use that for my own brakes.

The hose is from the brake lever, so I have lever and hose (attached to brake lever), which needs attached to the caliper.

Got Ryde brakes and wanting to change to the Guide caliper as it is 4-pot rather than 2-pot calipers. I just can’t use the current hose connector as it differs on the calipers.

frogstomp

@DickBarton – gotcha! I thought you were talking about bleed kit hoses..

bikerevivesheffield

@weeksy are you converting standard calipers into bleeding edge ones?

bikerevivesheffield

@weeksy Chuck your dm’s to y

weeksy

@weeksy are you converting standard calipers into bleeding edge ones

No matey, one of mine isn’t quite working right, either an end from a tool is stuck in it or the 4mm head isn’t right, but it’s not working correctly. So want another

frogstomp

No matey, one of mine isn’t quite working right, either an end from a tool is stuck in it or the 4mm head isn’t right, but it’s not working correctly.

Is the Bleeding Edge tool not clicking in, or is it just spinning once it’s in?

Have you tried a 4mm Allen / hex key? They can be a bit tight for the BE tool if done up too much – crack it open a little with the hex key and the insert the BE tool to unwind it for the bleed.. then nip it up with the hex key afterwards.

weeksy

Is the Bleeding Edge tool not clicking in, or is it just spinning once it’s in?

Have you tried a 4mm Allen / hex key? They can be a bit tight for the BE tool if done up too much – crack it open a little with the hex key and the insert the BE tool to unwind it for the bleed.. then nip it up with the hex key afterwards

Tricky one, I’ve taken it out anyway and replaced with one from a spare caliper, the 4mm didn’t seem to go in right, making me think maybe the top of the tool is in there, I need to check my tools to see.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bleeding edge port/insert into caliper ? Where/how ?’ is closed to new replies.