Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bleedin’ reverbs
  • sboardman

First time I’ve owned a reverb. It’s gone very slow to drop and rise, so I’m going to give it a bleed; that’s right right?

I’ve got that lovely 1x lever which apparently makes bleeding easier… Unless you don’t have the bleeding edge tool! So I bought one (this one) which states its compatible. However, the nipple isn’t long enough to get to the bleed port. Plus if I take the bleed screw all the way out it doesn’t fit into the bleeding edge screw or the exposed port.

Am I being stupid or just conned by a poor product description?

Leku
    Free Member

The first time you use the bleed nipple you need to unscrew it a bit with a Torx screw driver and then do it up.

See 3.45

https://youtube.com/watch?v=f1__XVOjkvo%3Fenablejsapi%3D1%26autoplay%3D1%26rel%3D0%26showinfo%3D0

orangewinger
    Free Member

You just push the adapter in the hole on the lever and then unscrew a turn or so.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Before bleeding, if you haven’t already started, check the air pressure is 250psi (I’m assuming Reverb models haven’t changed there). Also check the seat clamp isn’t too tight, or slack it and see if that makes a difference.

The hydraulic just controls the release mechanism allowing it to drop or rise.

Rubber_Buccaneer

It should be simple.  Here’s a pic of my bleeding edge tool to compare (used on a Reverb 1X lever so I know it works)

sboardman

Cheers all. Checked the air pressure and it was below 250, pumped it up but still the same issue. Loosened the seat collar and then retightened (next purchase is a torque wrench!) but seems to make no difference.

That pic is useful, they aren’t close up enough online. The fitting in that bleeding edge kit from wiggle is much narrower and about half a cm shorter.

Can’t post photos, but heres a link to my Google album. Shows length of nipple and then how it won’t fit into the bleed screw. https://photos.app.goo.gl/WuCCmkTwqUsu7df1A

Rubber_Buccaneer

Yours looks quite different, hex not at the end and bigger. Or am I seeing things?

sboardman

Yes they do look quite different. It’s got a hex but that’s just below the main wide bit. I’m thinking that the description on wiggle was wrong and thus would only be appropriate for the bleeding edge port on the recent sram brakes. Fortunately I’ve got guides so it’s not a totally wasted purchase, but obviously doesn’t solve my immediate problem!

Follow up question is whether riding with a post that needs bleeding will do lasting damage to the seals? Or just be a bit of a nuisance?

carlos
    Free Member

Just a thought but have you checked the speed adjuster on the remote? It may be already set to slow.

Carlos

sboardman

Yup tried that one too. Wound it all the way out and all the way in again but no joy.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Or just be a bit of a nuisance?

It won’t do any harm, just be annoying

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bleedin’ reverbs’ is closed to new replies.