Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bleed kit, do you get what you pay for?
  • white91
    Free Member

I need to bleed my Formula Oros, I will happily buy the official bleed kit, however I have seen them for as little as £7.99, are these actually any good?

tish
    Free Member

I got one of the Epic ones for my Avids and it has been spot on.
    Used it several times and no problems yet.

Simon

The Epic kits are pretty good.

kudos100
    Free Member

To some extent yes. The proper avid bleed kits are better/easier to use, but you can still do a good bleed with a cheaper kit.

forge197
    Free Member

Another vote for epic kits

white91
    Free Member

Probably just get a genuine one, only £20

nickdavies

Epic kits, I’ve got a few for different brakes and they’re really good.
    I’d say better than the OEM in shimano’s case as the syringe makes the bleed easier than the funnel.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I got an Avid one for under a tenner including some fluid and its perfect 🙂

scaled
    Free Member

My mates avid epic kit is way better than my OEM one.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

epic here too, does the job perfect, cant imagine how the genuine one would be any easier or more effective.

peterfile
    Free Member

I’ve got an Avid genuine one and it is rubbish compared to the Epic one I just bought to replace it.

The Epic ones are surprisingly good quality.

robhenry85
    Free Member

got a couple of different Epic ones, not tried any others but they get the job done just right.

and my Avid one tends to get used a bit 😉

white91
    Free Member

Well that’s if then, will probably grab a universal epic as I have some tektro brakes on another bike

patriotpro
    Free Member

A bit o a contrasting view on he Epic kits here. The one I bought 12months ago didn’t have long enough syringe hoses to reach further than half way down the bottle of fluid.

Also, the end that screws into the calliper/lever didn’t have a gripping nut so there was only the plastic feed tube to grip and screw in.

They may have changed since then and although the one I had worked it was awkward in use. The devils in the details on these things.

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Thanks for the great comments guys, we’re always improving our bleed kits and it’s always good to hear that they’re going down well with our users.

Patriotpro, we’ve made a lot of changes to our kits over that time to improve them. Both of the problems you’ve mentioned have been addressed now. If you shoot us an email at http://www.epicbleedsolutions.com/contact we will happily send you out a new kit free of charge for you to try.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bleed kit, do you get what you pay for?’ is closed to new replies.