Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Blairadam – still able to cycle up there?
  • MrKmkII
    Free Member

hi everyone,

someone has asked me about blairadam and i wasn’t sure, so i thought i’d try and find out. what is the current state of that place? are people still able to ride there? what are the trails like nowadays? has anyone been recently?

thanks! 🙂

MrKmkII
    Free Member

bumpity-bump! 🙂

robgarrioch

Can’t offer any personal experience, but they seem to have taken a beating recently – Reducing Responsibility

Dougal
    Free Member

Totally rideable.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

ok thanks guys 🙂

marksatblue
    Free Member

I was up there yesterday in the pouring rain – muddy, yes (it always is), but very rideable. It was a horror some weeks back after a race event, but has recovered much better than I expected. Came off the hill soaked and caked in mud, but with a big smile.

Although the old Bike:Blairadam group seems to be no more, the Meedies MTB club do have regular rides out there and any one of the regular riders would be happy to show you around, I’m sure.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Benarty Hill is the new Blairadam.

teamrider24
    Free Member

marksatblue – Member

Although the old Bike:Blairadam group seems to be no more

I think it’s less “no more”, and more “focusing on other things”. They sent something out to the members of their forum a wee while ago.

mcmoonter – Member
    Benarty Hill is the new Blairadam.

They’re a tad different.

As for Blairadam, it’s always ridable (deep snow this past winter notwithstanding). I’ve never came away without a nice loop done and a smile on my face. You just have to be sensible, ride the sections best for the conditions and know your way around. You’ll miss some nice sections out without realising.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Blairadam – still able to cycle up there?’ is closed to new replies.