Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Blair now moving back into British politics
  • Midnighthour
    Free Member

I hope the mail is wrong or exaggerating:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2138668/Im-ready-comeback-Blairs-millions-quitting–wants-engage-UK-politics.html

Last thing we need are even more unelected ‘influencers’ running the country for themselves.

I don’t understand why Labour still suck up to him instead of distancing and rebuilding. I will never vote for them (not that they care 🙂 while they continue to associate with this man. Can they really not see how much he became disliked and distrusted by so many of their voters? I really don’t get it.

zippykona

Is it too late to say that I really REALLY hate Tory Blair.

kaesae
    Free Member

Has he been charged with war crimes yet, or are the banks / rich and powerful still shielding him?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

hmmm, is that a unicorn being ringfenced there?

binners

He was bound to come back. Now that, as Middle East peace envoy, he’s sorted the whole Israel Palestine Problem, and got Iran on-side. And there’s been nowt else going on out there since he took the reigns. Job done!

Perhaps Call-me-Dave is paying him to come back and make him look left wing

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

took the reigns.

freudian?

grum
    Free Member

I don’t think he realises quite how unpopular he is on every part of the political spectrum. Mind you, he’s still more convincing than Ed Milliband, despite the fact that I know that Blair is a lying creep.

kimbers

maybe hes just upset that call-me-dave is copying his style so much and wants to reassert himself as the real tony blair

so is he gonna be a lord or something?

stevomcd
    Free Member

I hope the mail is wrong or exaggerating:

C’mon, be reasonable. There is no chance whatsover of that.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Typical Daily Heil scaremongering.

That said, in our house a “Tony Blair” is a term reserved for a particularly stubborn jobby that’s either unflushable, leaves an unpleasant lingering stench or is simply stuck to one’s clothing.

DezB
    Free Member

Am I wrong in preferring Tony Blair to David Cameron?

jota180
    Free Member

Can they really not see how much he became disliked and distrusted by so many of their voters? I really don’t get it.

You don’t get it?

Outside of the Guardianistas he’s still well regarded amongst traditional Labour voters
    In a miners club I regularly go to, you’d be hard pressed to hear a bad word said against him

So you’ll probably need to widen your social circle a bit more if you want to ‘get it’
    Not that I know what ‘it’ is mind, I never liked him over the old school Labour politicians

convert

Nope – I’d have Blair over Cameron everyday too. And don’t forget he followed Major to the top job – he was a positive policy generating powerhouse and inspirational leader in that vaulted company! To be fair, I’d have him over (the current) Milliband too.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I understand that our politicians occasionally express dismay that so few of the citizenry actually turn out to do any voting and that, year on year, the numbers continue to decrease.

Perhaps if parliament didn’t consist entirely of stupid careerists, thick no-marks, borderline basket cases and self-regarding, talentless egomaniacs all looking to ensure their 5-year cycle survival, more of us would feel bothered to put crosses on bits of paper… (There’s no emoticon for a sneer).

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’s a bit like prefering being bummed to dry bummed.

binners

I’d take Blair over CMD any day of the week. Everything’s relative, innit?

I can’t see any way at all that Dave and Chums are not going to be responsible for catastrophic damage to this country that will make the Brown/Blair car crash look like the sun-lit Utopian uplands.

Unless you’re absolutely minted, own a private healthcare or large multinational media company, and live in Chipping Norton. In which case, you’ll probably have a different view

DezB
    Free Member

It’s a bit like prefering being bummed to dry bummed.

Hmm, yeah. That one takes a bit more thought.

jota180
    Free Member

If you look at the last 30 years of PMs

Thatcher
    Major
    Blair
    Brown
    CMD

I’d take Blair as PM over any of the others by a country mile

higgo
    Free Member

Thank God he’s coming back.

theteaboy
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member
    Perhaps if parliament didn’t consist entirely of stupid careerists, thick no-marks, borderline basket cases and self-regarding, talentless egomaniacs all looking to ensure their 5-year cycle survival, more of us would feel bothered to put crosses on bits of paper… (There’s no emoticon for a sneer).

I take it you’ll be standing as an Independent then? If you can do better, get elected and start to change it. Democracy etc.

TB’s book is a bit hard to read (he jumps all over the place) but it gives a very different and persuasive side to the story. And he did bloody well in Ireland.

The wars were catastrophic on all levels and he clung on too long but Brown/ Balls undermining him throughout was appalling and I’ll never vote Labour while Balls has any kind of role.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

no, you’re wrong in thinking there’s a difference

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Please vote Tony in! Please!

crankboy
    Free Member

I helped vote Tony Blair into power, I wanted a change to Conservative Government oh the irony .

Get the Tax avoiding torture endorsing law ignoring scum bag back in the country and hopefully someone will either prosecute him or string him up from a lamppost.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I take it you’ll be standing as an Independent then? If you can do better, get elected and start to change it.

Change that rancid, antiquated, dysfunctional house of cards as an “independent”? Yeah sure. OK, then.

Pfft.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Perhaps I am overly cynical, but for the mail to be reporting such a thing on the day of the local council and mayor elections seems a little bit interesting.

-bit worried there will be an almighty anti-tory backlash? I know, let’s run the ‘Bogeyman’ story and keep all those potential labour voters indoors. 😈

grum
    Free Member

Thatcher
    Major
    Blair
    Brown
    CMD

I’d take Blair as PM over any of the others by a country mile

Well, when you put it like that…..

How depressing 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

How depressing

Ah Jeez, me too. 🙁

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Thatcher
    Major
    Blair
    Brown
    CMD

Mad
    Indolent
    Insane
    Incompetent
    In power

Bloody terrifying!

binners

binners

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

IMO yes. I can’t blame Cameron for what he’s doing, after all, he is leader of the Conservative Party.

So for Cameron to be “intensely relaxed about people getting filthy rich” as Peter Mandelson put it, and do his best to help them achieve greater wealth, is perfectly normal. For the leader of a party which was formed to speak on behalf of ordinary working people in Parliament, it is grotesque.

I somehow doubt there is much substance in the Daily Mail’s story. Tony Blair made it absolutely clear that politics for him was merely a vehicle for his own personal fulfillment when he simultaneously resigned his parliamentary seat, when he announced his resignation as leader of the Labour Party.

He had achieved what he wanted to achieve, ie, he had become Prime Minister and no longer had any further need for politics. If he was no longer in a position to call all the shots and dictate all policies, then he wasn’t interested in playing any more.

A quite unprecedented attitude which was not reflected in other former leaders such as Wilson, Callaghan, Thatcher, and Major. In fact I can think of 4 former leaders in this present parliament – Haig, Duncan-Smith, Kennedy, and Brown. Presumably those individuals didn’t enter politics purely for their own personal fulfillment.

If Blair is really keen to renter the political limelight then I reckon he would be better off taking American nationality. Apparently Americans are particularly fond of the warmongering liar who served their country so well.

Blair was, and is, a liar a cheat a charlatan and a fraud.

So you’ll probably need to widen your social circle a bit more if you want to ‘get it’

My social circle includes former and existing members of the Labour Party. The few people I know who have got anything nice to say about Blair have never been members of the Labour Party. Although to be fair ime Blair rarely comes up as a topic of conversation.

chewkw
    Free Member

Cameron would find it hard to win a debate with Blair.

But Thatcher would probably eat Blair alive …

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Cameron would find it hard to win a debate with Blair.

Ah yes, Tony Blair the “Great Communicator”, I’d forgotten about that myth.

I can safely say without hesitation that Tony Blair is without doubt the worse senior politician I have ever seen live make a speech – when he was Shadow Home Secretary. I doubt he improved significantly after that.

Here he is working his magic :

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0HgJIkSIXY[/video]

I’d like to see an example of Cameron doing a similarly cringe-inducing cock-up as that.

bowglie

Come on, does anyone with common sense believe what they read in The Daily Mail 😆

CountZero

Even worse than the nightmare thought that Blair might try to ingratiate himself back into British politics, is the terrifying thought that he’d have that grotesque gargoyle of a wife with him.

mrdestructo

He wears a nice suit and smiles a lot. Must be why so many people voted this caring person in.

konabunny
    Free Member

Outside of the Guardianistas he’s still well regarded amongst traditional Labour voters
    In a miners club I regularly go to, you’d be hard pressed to hear a bad word said against him

I have no idea whether this is true or not, but if it is, it’s pretty much irrelevant – traditional Labour voters are a dwindling number, those that at miners’ clubs are smaller still, and most of them would vote for a horse if it wore a red rosette.

kimbers

teflon tony, smarmy dave, bonkers borris

in an x-factor/strictly/big brother world (more people vote for them than for their mps!)

its all about PR and spin, policies take a back seat

damo2576
    Free Member

Err, me too.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Blair now moving back into British politics’ is closed to new replies.