Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Blaenau Ffestiniog Mountain Bike Centre
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

Is it open yet? I plan on being in the area in a couple of weeks, might be worth a look.

grum
    Free Member

So, who’s been? And what did you reckon? 🙂

Stevelol
    Free Member

I went last Thursday whilst on a family holiday.

Got 14 runs in (I missed one as I got a flat), v fast uplift and bikes seemed secure on trailer (no damage either). Very windy at the top which made jumping quite risky. Trails riding nicely with very little weather damage although they are still being constructed so there’s a couple of v short muddy crossings.

3 trails were open, which was disappointing as there’s 4 listed on the site with no mention of the 4th being in progress. Nevertheless the blue, red and black were good. Blue very fast with many huge berms, red a lot steeper in places with very rocky sections and fade aways to keep you on your toes, black even rockier with multiple line options on the steeper rock sections. The steep parts are a LOT steeper than they look in youtube videos, the blue and red are pretty smooth but the black is a lot rockier than it looks, there were times when I was getting rattled to bits even after softening up my suspension a little (deville and monarch plus), so all those people who say it looks like a BMX course should go give it a try! My only complaint besides the closed 4th trail is the 3 mentioned lack jumps for me, the red/blue share the same quarter or so of trail and feature 2 small tables, with a couple of rollers further up, the black has a couple of doubles but with fairly large gaps. In my opinion they should build a couple more tables into the blue/red.

It was my first uplift experience and I was feeling it the day after! Shoulders and fingers tired, I have even more respect for DHers now. I recommended you check it out if you’re in the area, there’s no push up yet so you have to pay for the uplift (£26 for the day) its still good value for the amount of runs you’ll get, but you might get a bit bored by 2pm! They’re planning on a xc loop, pump track and jump park, do a half day uplift for £13 combined with a trip to Betws y Coed (like 10mins away) could make for a brilliant crammed day of riding.

grum
    Free Member

Wow that was quick! Thanks for that – might be checking it out fairly soon, sounds promising.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

went at the weekend

WOW! I cannot wait to go back
    what a great place to ride a bike.

all rideable but best rolling the blacks first time round .

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Blaenau Ffestiniog Mountain Bike Centre’ is closed to new replies.