Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 261 total)
  • Blade Runner 2049
  • Drac

Teaser trailer is out. I’m liking the chilling music.

Hopefully Ridley will come good.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GDscTTE-P-k[/video]

bikebouy
    Free Member

Likes.

sandwicheater

I only watched the original one last week, quickest sequel ever.

boltonjon

Awesome!

maccruiskeen

Hope its good. Seems a shame to wait this long for a sequel….. and not go the whole hog- wait another 2 years and release it in the same year the first film was set.

jimjam
    Free Member

Oh god. Not Ryan Gosling.

maccruiskeen

Not Ryan Gosling

If you don’t like his acting you should try feeding him some cereal – bloody impossible.

Rorschach
    Free Member

He IS really bad at eating cereal….
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohJtvuCAsp4[/video]

hora
    Free Member

Meh

shermer75
    Free Member

Directed by the guy who did ‘The Arrival’, right?

shermer75
    Free Member

Also, does that mean it’s coming out on the 10th of June or the 6th of October? lol 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Oh god. Not Ryan Gosling.

I don’t mind The Gos. His face is like a blank slate that you can project any emotion of your choosing on to lol

thepurist

Please please please please please don’t be shit.

drlex
    Free Member

^ cautious optimism

stuey
    Free Member

“so we could buy a real sheep.”

CountZero

Cautiously optimistic.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Hope it’ll be brilliant
    Prepare for it to be rubbish

shermer75
    Free Member

If Deckard’s a robot why does he look old?

drlex
    Free Member

I’d be more optimistic, if Ridley Scott hadn’t brought us “Prometheus”.

rone

Denis Villeneuve at the helm. Ridley Scott can stay well away after Prometheus.

Never really liked Blade Runner, even as a film buff it’s never done anything for me. The chopping around of versions never helps.

Northwind

shermer75 – Member

To **** with nerds.

Alternatively, the various edits have created parallel universes.

jimjam
    Free Member

drlex
    I’d be more optimistic, if Ridley Scott hadn’t brought us “Prometheus”.

rone
    Denis Villeneuve at the helm. Ridley Scott can stay well away after Prometheus.

Ridley was making stinkers long before Prometheus. Alien, Blade Runner and (maybe) Gladiator aside, his output has been very average.

nickc

, his output has been very average

Yeah, cos Thelma and Louise, black rain, black hawk down, legand, the duelists are all shit

rone

Ridley was making stinkers long before Prometheus. Alien, Blade Runner and (maybe) Gladiator aside, his output has been very average.

Yes but he’d not made a sci-fi stinker.

But I’d agree his filmography is diverse but there is a lot of rubbish. A lot.

jimjam
    Free Member

Yeah, cos Thelma and Louise, black rain, black hawk down, legand, the duelists are all shit

I didn’t really think much of Thelma and Louise. Black Rain was ok, I watched it again recently and it’s pretty standard cop thriller fare with nice visuals. Black Hawk Down is a steaming pile of shit, Legend is laughably bad albeit novel for seeing Tom Cruise dressed like a fairy and The Duellists is visually lovely but otherwise pretty boring.

Even if I concede that the five films you listed are brilliant, along with the three I mentioned that’s eight films out of twenty three.

Pigface
    Free Member

Officially interested

funkmasterp

Going it’ll be good, but prepared for it to be meh. I don’t mind Gosling, he’s pretty good in Nice Guy’s.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Sequels are never as good as the original. Apart from Bill and Ted’s Bogus Journey 😉
    It’ll be worth a watch regardless as the original film was great.

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

Interesting one… certainly a film that needs no sequel – will be interesting if it’s another standalone movie or if they’re trying to make a franchise & if it’s similar to The Force Awakens in that it’s essentially just a re-tread of the first movie… So Many Questions!!

jekkyl

will they answer the question if he was a replicant or not?

jimjam
    Free Member

My gut tells me maybe.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Yes.

ready

Sounds like Vangelis are in but looks like neon umbrellas are out! I so want it to be good but I fear the worst..

fasthaggis

Please please please please please don’t be shit.

times lots

Cougar

Random fact, a mate of mine is a tech geek in the movie industry. Due to personal commitments he’s had to turn down the offer to work on the new BR. I can’t imagine how gutted he is…!

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

In the book most people couldn’t afford pets so they bought replicant pets. real pets were a status symbol. To create the illusion of “realness”, quality replicant pets were built with failsafe circuits circuits so that, if they failed, they exhibited sick animal symptoms. An extension of that would be that if a humanoid replicant was built to mimic all human characteristics, then aging would be one of them. Possibly with the ability to regenerate to a younger form on a change of owner.
    Or if, like Rachel, he wasn’t supposed to know then he’d have to age.

To **** with nerds.

well that seems to have worked

dlr

Stupid American date format! Thought it was out in June but no, October! Watched the Final Cut (again) straight after seeing this trailor (I have the big box set thing). Amazing how good some of the affects look today even in old films pre cgi.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

SPOILER!!

😛

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Gosling’s wooden acting and blank expression will set him up perfectly for being a budget model replicant

shermer75
    Free Member

Amazing how good some of the affects look today even in old films pre cgi.

Or they look so good because it’s pre-cgi 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 261 total)

The topic ‘Blade Runner 2049’ is closed to new replies.