Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bladders – whats best?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Got a 3l dakine bladder (nalgene) which is ace in the fact its dead strong and easy to clean. Only problem is that it leaks round the lid area even when screwed dead tight. Should it have an O ring? if not, what is a good 3L bladder?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Right i have just “tested” 2 of the same design dakine bladder and they are leaking round the lid area. It seems that it is bonded to the bladder but air can (and also water) escape through the bond.
    Any ideas how to seal this?

its ate the edge of the black lid area

Reluctant
    Free Member

Have a chat to a retailer or importer/distributor when you get a chance.
    I’ve never had a problem in 16 years of Camelbak use.

Solo
    Free Member

The Bladders that come with CBs seem fine to me, I’ve one and it does fine.

I don’t use CBs anymore, I’m hooked on the Deuter Air series of backpacks now, but still using the bladder out of my first and last CB, Mule.

Solo.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Thanks – i have emailed “surf-sales” the Dakine importer

MrNutt
    Free Member

half full, definitely.

johnners
    Free Member

Camelbaks are the best.

Definitely half full if not three quarters, bless.

julesf7
    Free Member

I think the Nalgene ones are pretty useless, tbh. I had one that only took 6 months before starting to leak badly (which was nice in hot weather, though). Now just use Camelbaks, no problems. Think the old-style Platypus are quite fragile too

PaulB
    Free Member

We use platypus, camelback and decathlon.
    Platypus has been great, way, way beyond what could be expected of a bladder.
    Camelback has been good, but I dont like the large opening.
    Decathlon, cheap and cheerful. It does the job cheaply.

Paul

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

No problems with my TNF Nalgene bladder, I’ve had it for well over a year. Sounds like either, you have torn it pulling it out of the pack, or it was a bad heat weld in the factory.

BTW there is no gasket round the filler cap on my Naglene.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

bad heat weld imo

djglover
    Free Member

Got one of these so far very impressed for the price. Recommended

Pieface

I had a Camelbak bladder for a few years, pretty good, although I think I’ve fractured my finger trying to unscrew a very stiff lid. I’m using a Source one now that folds over at the top with a plastic slidey thing. Seems good so far. The bite valve isn’t as good as a Camelbak but I’m going to swap it round in due course.

RealMan
    Free Member

Never had any problem with Camelbak bladders, I’ve used 1 and 3 litre ones for years now.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Had a North Face nalgene bladder and that started leaking after only a handful of times from the cap took it back and the guy in the shop said they have had several come back with same thing got a replacemnt from the supplier and had no problems fir the last 4 months so seems like some bad ones going about. By the way no o-ring on mine.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Just a point to those with Nalgene bladders and sorry if I’m telling you something you already know. The only problem I’ve had is where the tube unclips from the bladder. There is a little black rubber gasket/O ring which has pulled off and been lost a few times. Luckily I’ve managed to find it each time, but if it goes missing the bladder leaks, so just watch out. 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Camelbaks are the best.

Not true. Far worse closure systems than others like Source and Hydrapak (small so not easy to clean, yet hard to open and close).

druidh
    Free Member

Having used Platypus, Camelbak and Deuter/Source, I definitely recommend the latter.

grahamt1980

Post back when you get a response from Dakine, mine did this too. Bloody annoying

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bladders – whats best?’ is closed to new replies.