Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Blackspire Snaggletooth chainring
  • jonny-m
    Free Member

Apart from it sounding awesome anyone used them, any good?

nairnster
    Free Member

I have one, done about 20 miles on it.

Looks nicely made, teeth seem deeper than previous Raceface and Superstar rings I have used.

Early days, but no dropped chains. Then again I didn’t get any on the others.

Only reason I changed from Superstar is that their new Raptor rings seem to get very mixed reviews.

vmgscot

Yes – I found them to wear well and did the job just fine. I now run Superstar and they run just as well for me although I would say the Blackspire seemed to have a higher quality finish and possibly deeper tooth profile IMO.

skybluestu
    Free Member

I have a 34t one on an xt 1 x 11 set up. It hold the chain so well I’ve not even used the clutch in the mech yet and that includes days jumping and dropping my way down BPW and Gawton etc.
    Not sure if this is just because of 1 x set up in general but v happy with it so far.

BillOddie

I had one, it was fine. Seemed to wear quite quickly iirc.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I have had one for about 6 months and its been great. It has pretty much solved the problem of my 1×11 dropping down the cassette when back pedalling and I haven’t dropped a chain yet. No idea on wear as I haven’t looked. For reference I have previously used raceface which have always performed and lasted well. I did try a superstar but it looked rubbish, had razor sharp burrs on the teeth and didn’t last well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Blackspire Snaggletooth chainring’ is closed to new replies.