Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Blackberry white screen help/advice wanted Carphone warehouse.
  • smiththemainman
    Free Member

Evening all, bought youngest daughter Blackberry curve 9300 on orange network 6 weeks ago from mobiles.co.uk ,today white screen of death, call mobiles.co.uk as its over 28 days contract is now with carphone warehouse take into local branch for warranty replacement.Did this only to be greeted with the man on phone should not say that,we will send it away for repair could be 4 weeks maybe more, Me – not good enough that I am now without a phone after only six weeks they say not our problem, offer me a loan set with no internet or features I say I want one that carries out all the features that the contract I pay for monthly provides.Eventually told the rude woman to give me back the phone and i would return tomorrow after speaking to people. Since then rephoned mobiles.co.uk who said i should get a replacement and orange agreed with this also.I know now what the stubborn cow is going to say tomorrow, am I right to demand a replacement as not fit for purpose, cheers in advance for any advice.

bruneep

have to tried the infamous battery pull? take the battery out and re insert.

I had this on my BB, after a bumbled hybrid software update. I did fix it by re installing the OS.

then again it could be borked

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If it is faulty under sale of goods act its repair / replace / refund – your choice. No ifs buts or ands. check consumer direct or google sale of goods act

You do not have to accept repair if you don’t want.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

spindi
    Free Member

You could try the reinstall of the OS through the BB manager. It’s a couple of clicks and it might work. I’m sure that Orange have the download somewhere on their site or they can direct you to it. If that doesn’t work then the above. It’s highly unlikely that the hardware is somehow damaged though it happens. More likely some freak software issue.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Cheers for speedy responses so far ,will look into them, cheers john.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Blackberry white screen help/advice wanted Carphone warehouse.’ is closed to new replies.