Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Blackberry Storm
  • Offroading
    Free Member

Anyone got one ?

Possibly have the chance of picking one up new for £150 which seems OK.

Opinions greatly appreciated thanks.

Lanesra
    Free Member

Its crap, the screen isn't a touch screen (it's a click screen) – if you really need a blackberry get a bold – if not get any other phone

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

A friend said the same thing – she got a Storm and quickly changed to a Bold instead!

metalheart
    Free Member

The general opinion is that they are crap.

Or at least thats the response I got when I asked the same questions about 6 months back.

I got the Bold. But only coz vodafone gave it me free, and added data/internet for free too when I cancelled my contract. The Bold is not a bad phone although past of me wishes I'd gotten an iphone (baa!). The wallet is happy though. Love push e-mail…

Offroading
    Free Member

Hmm similar here. I've used one for a week and the click screen was a bit annoying but i put that down to needing to get used to it.

Iphone isn't an option, too expensive. Other than that it's a sumsung S7350 which looks good.

datsunman

Although you probably won't get it for £150 the Storm 2 is due out soon, I think they've got rid of the clicky screen on this one so might be worth a go. (Bold user at the moment.)

pjbarton
    Free Member

no wifi – bizarre!

CountZero

No wifi – better hope you've got a really good data contract. How can a so-called smart phone not have wifi?

samuri
    Free Member

I got a pearl, which is great as a phone and ok for all the other things. It's phone sized too, which the bold and storm aren't.

Flaperon

If you don't need the Blackberry, the HTC Hero (T-Mobile G2) has full Exchange support and a wonderful touch screen. Would never, EVER go back to the resistive type screen.

bruk

I have had one for 8/9 months now. Quite like it really. Handy for email, browser is pretty good, works ok for phone and with micro sd card can load it up with music/videos.

You get used to the click screen to the point I struggled to use a mates iphone.

Not perfect as no wifi and not the same app support as the iphone but I got it free on contract without having to bargain too heavily with Vodaphone including unlimited email/browsing.

Battery life seems to be better than iphone too, but it isn't as cool if that matters to you.

mingsta
    Free Member

Its got some great functionality, but then again so do most of today's smartphones. User interface is rubbish, the click screen is a rear chore and its not suprising that they're going to drop it for the storm 2. Its also clunky to use as a phone.

FuzzyWuzzy

Had one for a few months – not great but better than the 4 year old Blackberry handset it replaced :p The click screen is certainly odd but I use mine mostly to read emails so it's not much of an inconvenience. The way the sound profiles works is crap to. Battery life is pretty impressive though and sound clarity on calls seems good.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Blackberry Storm’ is closed to new replies.