Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • blackberries 2019
  • neilnevill
    Free Member

Its gonna be a bumper crop by the looks and here in London they are go go GO! I just spent an hour and a bit picking loads in the local park with my 2yo and 4yo….big bag full brought home and the two girls ate as many as i bagged! I’m not looking forward to the 2yo’s nappy later…..more reason to start the potty training this week i feel.

duckman

Not quite ready up here yet, but more than I can pick in the lane at the bottom of my garden. I have made numerous attempts to grow rasps with no success at all, but huge numbers of blackberries grow among the weeds with no help right next to my gate.

Drac

A good few weeks before they’re ready here don’t look to bad but not as big as last year.

johnners
    Free Member

Blimey, it seems to get earlier every year. We’re usually a wee bit later than London but I must start paying attention.

neilnevill
    Free Member

i agree johnners. they’ve ripened in the last week. last weekend all small hard and green but wife and i spotted they were ripening fast in the week so i went and looked today. i know a great park with loads of brambles and have picked plenty by visiting most of the bushes today. next 3 weeks or so they are going to be nuts though!

Drac

Late July is pretty much normal for southern regions.

Houns

Bring on crumble season

mooman
    Free Member

Noticed some about in the lanes today. Another 2-3 weeks before they fully cropping id guess.
    Don`t look too promising though.

tthew

Lots on my blackberry canes this year, (are they canes? Not sure) but the most impressive things are next years fruiting growth. They are about 15 foot long already and over an inch think. 😳

Vader
    Free Member

After more than 3 years, the only upside to Brexit I can see is less Polish to beat me to the blackberry harvest.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Brambles not canes. When I was a kid blackberries were picked in the last week or two of summer hols, so mid August onwards. Ok I now live a little closer in to central London and it may be warmer but we’ve shifted forward 2 or 3 weeks I’m sure.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘blackberries 2019’ is closed to new replies.