Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Blackberries – get picking
  • Weasel
    Free Member

Been out picking them down the local woods and heathland, I’d say within another 2 weeks this years crop will be on it’s way out, let’s get ready to crumble!

I’ve had the usual response of – do you know what’s been on them/birds or insects might have touched them/don’t pick the low ones they might have dog’s wee on them, etc etc.

Maybe I should get them from Tescos shipped in from 500 miles away, when these are free and ‘organic’?

TheFopster
    Free Member

Bumper year round Woburn way. I’m filling my boots. Hay while sun shines etc.

Just made mirabelle jam this afternoon from roadside trees – bloomin’ marvellous.

And lovely weather for a bike ride yesterday.

Top banana.

Drac

Picked some last week as they are just approaching their peak up here. Made a cracking pie.

brant
    Free Member

Blackberry/Aldi turbo cider going on here 🙂

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I went picking a couple of weeks ago, shocked by the the bumper sloe crop this year.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I’ve picked about 2kg just in the garden. Not had to venture further afield this year. Still a bit more to come too.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

They seem to be late here in Sussex.

rewski
    Free Member

Sloes soon too.

teenrat

picked a good few yesterday on the pembs coastal path. So far we’ve had a blackberry, feta and spinach salad, made blackberry sorbet, having a crumble later and may have some left over to put in batch of cider! All that from half an hours picking!

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

6lb picked a couple of weeks ago. Mum happy we got them for her, I’m happy she can make lots of blackberry mouses this Christmas. Yes, you can freeze them very well !! Cant wait !!

bigG
    Free Member

Just made this years batch of blackberry whisky, Sloe Gin will be following soon. Just need to wait a few months to find out how it is,,

bikebouy
    Free Member

MrsBouys Q10’s nice enough but I wouldn’t want to eat it 😆

steveoath
    Free Member

Out into the lane behind chateau oath and got enough to go in an apple/blackberry crumble or pie tomorrow. Still loads more to ripen too 🙂

ebygomm
    Free Member

Just picked another half kilo in the garden. Trading this lot in for raspberries though

matthewjb
    Free Member

We’ve just returned from Brittany where the blackberries seemed very delayed. Normally by mid-August there are loads.

In contrast it seems to be a bumper crop this year in Yorkshire.

Smudger666

Spotted my targets for this years crop while out this lunchtime – reckon the need another week – week and a half here in sunny fife.

MoreCashThanDash

Been a good year here to, LittleMissMC has discovered the joy of the fruit and the picking – just digesting a blackberry and apple crumble made with today blackberrys and apples off a mates tree, and we have some blackberry scones for tomorrow!

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

I’ve stumbled upon a couple of mulberry bushes for the first time this summer. I had no idea how good mulberry was.
    Haven’t cooked with it though, my punnet is always empty before I get home.

cbike
    Free Member

Still bitter in scotland.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Collected 5lbs of blackberries to add to our collection of Blaeberries, Crowberries and Cowberries we gathered up glen feshie last week. Just waiting for the first frost to go and gather up some Rowan berries.

restless
    Free Member

I am just eating a blackberry and rhubarb crumble I made earlier, all from my own garden :mrgreen:

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Blackberries – get picking’ is closed to new replies.