Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Black Sabbath
  • johndoh
    Free Member

So – who’s gonna be hovering with the ‘BUY’ finger at 9am this Friday?

http://www.livenation.co.uk/artist/black-sabbath-tickets

samuri
    Free Member

I am now. Any idea how much the tickets will be?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

According to Ticketmaster,at the O2, £62 per ticket! £55 for the ticket and £7 ‘fee’s

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    johndoh
    Free Member

Haven’t seen prices yet. I don’t care though. I am going.

Unfortunately it can’t possibly better the o2 Academy warm-up gig (that I got to see, at the front) they did last year though 😀

tomtomthepipersson

Presale tickets are available at 9am on Wed (via O2 priority)

johndoh
    Free Member

Ahhh – might have to get some via my business partner’s o2 phone account then.

plumber
    Free Member

Without Dio what would be the point?

johndoh
    Free Member

Without Dio what would be the point?

I call Troll.

LS
    Free Member

Without Bill, what would be the point? 😀

johndoh
    Free Member

Without Bill, what would be the point?

More weight to this sentiment but I can just about cope.

Just need Iron Maiden to announce some UK gigs for this year and I’ll be happy.

kayak23

In my experience, most of these reunion bands of old sound like some god-awful club singing covers band…
    A lot of the bands want to play new stuff, which tends to be pretty lame, and the fans only want to hear the old stuff..
    Just all seems a bit sad to me and there seems to be a huge glut of them lately…Same with films too I guess.

Having said that, I love Sabbath, but yeah, wouldn’t want to potentially taint my image of them in their heyday, so for that reason, I’m out.

Let the flaming commence! 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

kayak, the little warm-up gig they did last year was utterly amazing (although their headline at Download less so). Granted they didn’t play any new material and the new album might end up being duff but even so, they will doubtless play Black Sabbath, Children of the Grave, Paranoid and War Pigs so I will be happy.

kayak23

they will doubtless play Black Sabbath, Children of the Grave, Paranoid and War Pigs so I will be happy.

…and that’s what it’s all about and if you like it then it’s all good. Not for me though. I generally feel bands that finished, should stay finished. All IMHO of course.

plumber
    Free Member

The real question is will Ozzy be taking his singing double to sing from back stage as he does on his own tours

plumber
    Free Member

Double

CountZero

Saw Sabbath back when they were good, can’t say I have any desire to see them again, or, quite honestly, listen to their music. Ozzy’s caterwauling grates these days.

tomtomthepipersson

He’s pretty awful. And some of Ronnie’s operatic wails were a bit OTT but at least he could sing.

I’m still going though.

(Live Evil now playing)

johndoh
    Free Member

Ohhh – just got an email from Ticketmaster….

Having previously booked to see Black Sabbath, we are giving you the chance to gain early access to tickets between 10 -11 April.

🙂

saleem
    Free Member

It was great at the O2 and Download so I’m in.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Brothers talked me into it, only really ever listened to paranoid tbh, which I love. So a wee bit unsure about it as im not really a sabbath fan beyond that so to speak. Still get to see what this new hydro is like as a venue.

Lifer
    Free Member

Too rich for my blood. Usually balk at paying half that for any band.

Saw them at Ozzfest in 2001/2ish with Bill and it was immense, I feel that 12ish years can only have diminished them.

samuri
    Free Member

Well that’s us booked into Manchester. Sweet!

Although I must admit, my wife wasn’t quite so happy about the prospect. i must have been to four or five celebrity dance things, a couple of ice skating things and I’ve even gone to the ballet with her (although I may have lost a couple of points there by falling asleep) and now she’s less than enthusiastic about coming to watch Sabbath with me!

johndoh
    Free Member

Yup – managed to get tickets for Sheffield (standing). The Ticketmaster site ground to a halt and by the time I could get the page to load properly both Birmingham and Manchester had sold out.

tomtomthepipersson

Got some London tickets – seated, about a mile from the stage.

johndoh
    Free Member

After realising it is a family members’ 60th birthday on the night of the Sheffield gig, I managed to get tickets for the Manchester one (but seated 🙁 ) too (the fan club sent an email out at midday with another batch of tickets released).

samuri
    Free Member

We’re seated too. Since the majority of people attending are over 40 and will have weak knees, that will be fine 😉

Maybe we should install one of those gaydar apps on our phones so we can meet up. 😉

johndoh
    Free Member

Seat location: section BL 215, row P, seats 18-20

x

samuri
    Free Member

We’re in block 114 so we’ll be below you and just to your left.

Lifer
    Free Member

Show-off

seosamh77
    Free Member

6 F***** 3 quid! grrr! grudge that, this mob better be good! going to the glasgow one.

Northwind

Not to be a downer, but it depends entirely on which Ozzy turns up. Last time I saw them, at Ozzfest, he didn’t seem to have much idea what was going on, it wasn’t just a bad gig, it was sad to watch. Too much money for a gamble I reckon.

bigbadbob
    Free Member

I have just bought my tickets through Ticketmaster. There was a pop up thing that said something about you can buy tickets without buying the album, so I clicked on that and then it gave me options to buy with album or pre-order, so I pre-ordered and have bought my tickets. Hope this is ligit, maybe a loophole in the website, but I have a confirmation email to say I have purchased the tickets.

saleem
    Free Member

I got tickets today through live nation for Brum.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Black Sabbath’ is closed to new replies.