Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Black pudding aficionados
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What about the Irish one?

Would that be Clonakilty (West Cork) Black Pudding (they also do a smashing white one too)? I looked them up when I saw this thread. Shock horror, they make it with blood powder as well, and it still tastes amazing.

I’ve sometimes had “not nice” black pudding in a greasy spoon – assume it’s just been cheap shite bought from a wholesaler etc. Have tried Boudin Noir – lovely – but not so nice as to discount all others. Give me a couple of slices of Clonakilty black & white on a plate and I’d be happy out.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Would that be Clonakilty (West Cork) Black Pudding

Yes, there is Dennys from the north but the Clonakilty is a superior product imho.

ajantom

I was about to bring up the Clonakilty pud. It’s lovely 🙂 I’ve got mates who live in Clon, and the first thing I do when visiting is go and have a full Irish with lots of pud. Mmmmm!

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Ooh I have just had a delivery of Morcilla Dulce last night! direct from Las Canaries.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Just found some of stornoways finest in the freezer, think that’ll be tonight’s pizza topping…. nom.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

the best black pudding i have ever had was from birds in kirkby-in-ashfield, i think they have gone now though. my gran used to bring it down when she came to visit, and compared to anything i’ve ever had from the south it was a different league.

most of the stuff in the south you need to fry to make it ok, the birds stuff was stunning cold or fried.

lesgrandepotato

I’m imagining some form of a flight of black pudding being served in a most glorious manner.

Btw the finest is that purveyed by mister Higginson in grange. Has a really nice floral note to it.

Murray

Black pudding fight? Been done before.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Not a fan of the Stornaway Black Pudding, honestly cant see what the fuss is about.

I do like Bury Black Pudding though.

Love stuff from Bury market, they serve it in French sticks don’t you know.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

All this talk of black pudding made me do a search:
    https://www.keevilandkeevil.co.uk/home
    All looks good – thinks I may try some boudin noir but unfortunately not in time for tomorrow’s breakfast!

scotroutes

I have black, white and fruit (all from Charley Barley) in my freezer. Lining up that and a couple of poached eggs for a big Sunday breakfast!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

scroterot – Member
    Nobberinthefridge » Just found some of stornoways finest in the freezer, think that’ll be tonight’s pizza topping…. nom.
    I have black, white and fruit (all from Charley Barley) in my freezer. Lining up that and a couple of poached eggs for a big Sunday breakfast!

Superb, I haven’t had fruit pudding in years!.

kilo

Not sure what all the fuss is about, white pudding is far nicer.

muttley109
    Free Member

I think my butcher must read STW! Called in yesterday and he was very pleased to let me know he is now stocking fruit pig fresh blood pudding!

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Black pudding aficionados’ is closed to new replies.