Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Black or white…
  • ashfanman
    Free Member

Going to be ordering a Canyon Roadlite AL6.0 this evening. The question is, black:

or white:

I ordinarily have a Henry Ford, Model T approach to bike and component colour, but the fact that the black frame has ‘Canyon.com’ plastered on every available square inch does put me off a bit. But while the white is a lot more subtle on the graphics, it’s, well, white, which isn’t exactly ideal for UK weather.

What do people think?

simondbarnes

White, and then change the saddle and bartape to black.

singlecrack
    Free Member

I like the white …but it needs a splash of subtle colour

Bregante

Black, and then change the saddle and bartape to black.

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

white is only unsuitable for the uk if you don’t clean it!

The black looks horrid to me!

rlt
    Free Member

White. Definately.

DougD

white – more subtle branding

bumps
    Free Member

White. No contest.

brakes
    Free Member

white, but change the non-white bits that aren’t the frame to black.

bigbloke
    Free Member

White

teasel
    Free Member

White, if for nothing more than to avoid that awful yellow…

patriotpro
    Free Member

In stock-trim; white.

The black one looks a bit halfordian.

vancoughcough
    Free Member

Sort of ok with both. Spose white is more in right now, but black always looks good when gleaming.

trebord
    Free Member

white. and agree that saddle and bar tape should be black..

fourbanger
    Free Member

White.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Either but white bar tape??

ronjeremy
    Free Member

As above white, but changing bar tape and saddle….

boxfish
    Free Member

White

vancoughcough
    Free Member

white with a little basket and some wheel reflectors and a horn.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

They have white saddle and bar tape with the black frame but not black saddle and bar tape with the white frame, I think it would be better with black saddle and bar tape considering the fork is black.

dsb181
    Free Member

White for sure.
    The Black one looks too much like a billboard with the website plastered everywhere there is room to!

ps enjoy the bike!

mikey74
    Free Member

I ordinarily have a Henry Ford, Model T approach to bike and component colour,

Henry Ford never said that, actually. :mrgreen:

Oh, white, by the way.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Thanks all – just ordered, in white.

Will post pics and a ride report once it arrives. Exciting! :mrgreen:

dantsw13

Will Canyon not configure to do the black saddle and bar tape? I thought they were amenable to small changes – worth an ask?

Cougar

Black.

It’ll ensure that no bugger ever steals it.

(-:

ashfanman
    Free Member

Will Canyon not configure to do the black saddle and bar tape? I thought they were amenable to small changes – worth an ask?

Really? Hmm, okay. Just sent them an email to ask – will let you know what they say.

dantsw13

I know they’ve changed stem lengths etc on mtb’s. Bikes are built to order, so if its a same cost item, I can’t see why not?

bland

Jesus, still employing the same 6 year old to design the graphics i see!

ashfanman
    Free Member

That’s a no on the bar tape and saddle colour change, sadly. Canyon say they can change bar width, stem length and gearing – for a small fee – but can’t change anything else.

I guess I’ll just stick with white until it needs replacing.

Anyone know how long Canyon bikes tend to take to arrive when they’re listed as being in stock?

b45her
    Free Member

my strive took 5 days from clicking buy to having the UPS man knock my door, there’s a good chance that your banks anti fraud system will block payment too so it mught be worth informing your bank of the transaction in advance.

ashfanman
    Free Member

there’s a good chance that your banks anti fraud system will block payment too so it mught be worth informing your bank of the transaction in advance.

Really? I paid by credit card and it seemed to go through okay (I’ve had the confirmation email), or is this something that crops up later in the process?

b45her
    Free Member

it happened later in the process for me, i had an email telling me they were processing and shipping my bike then another one about 10 minutes later saying the bank had refused payment, i ok’d the transaction with the bank and then emailed the UK customer service bloke asking him to retry the payment. about 45 minutes later i had a reply from him saying everything had gone through fine and my bike was on its way.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Black or white…’ is closed to new replies.