Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Black mountains killer loop
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

Planning on riding this tomorrow with a mate and just wanted to check with those that have ridden it that this is the best route. I’ve ridden the Gap before even though it was with massive patches of sheet ice all over the place so was looking for something a bit more adventurous this time!

Killer Loop

psling
    Free Member

That’s pretty much the traditional loop, usually ridden clockwise.

If you ride clockwise, the only slight change I’d make is near Llanbedr – after the long downhill off the ridge when you eventually reach tarmac I’d drop down the track on the right to the river, across the river and up to the village of Llanbedr (rather than bypassing the village on tarmac as the gpsies route), usually stopping at the Red Lion if open 🙂

(parts of that downhill will be skidtastic after today’s rain and if the wind is still blowing, it will be seriously blowing up on the ridge)

oldejeans
    Free Member

I’ve done it twice and really enjoyed it. Big day out.  A couple of murderous pushes.  Three great descents. Haven’t done anything else that I could compare it to in the area but it’s easily as good as anything in the Peak District

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Black mountains killer loop’ is closed to new replies.