Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Black Mirror – unwatchable…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…or at least the last one is Black Museum.

Have to question the writer it was actually horrid, I didn’t see it through turned off at about 30 mins.

Not sure that it should have been aired – there are venerable people out there that hopefully won’t copy anything they saw.

In all fairness some were good and others just plain awful…

nickc

I though they were all pretty good this series. Last one particularly

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Never really liked any that I’ve seen other than the one about the pig and the prime minister which I thought was really good .

jam-bo

^^

That was a documentary.

binners

Watched the third one last night. He’s definitely ratcheted up the darkness. But then doesn’t that just reflect what he’s commenting on?

We live a country where an MP was murdered while out canvassing, yet we’re so desensitised that daily death and rape threats on social media to MPs, or anyone who dares to express an opinion that upsets the mob, are met with a collective shrug

I’d say he still has a tighter grip on where we’re headed than anyone else. Sadly, he’s become a sort of dark prophet

dazh

Not sure that it should have been aired – there are venerable people out there that hopefully won’t copy anything they saw.

The same argument used in favour of censoring every violent or sexually explicit movie or tv show by the religious morality police. I don’t think they’re supposed to be easy watching. The clue is in the name I think. A quick piece of research would have told you that it might have content you might not be comfortable with.

DezB
    Free Member

Not reading ^^^ in case of spoilers!
    Only watched the space one so far – great actors, probably the weakest Black Mirror, but still better than most TV.

binners

If you’ve not seen it already you could always get the Call the Midwife Christmas Special on iPlayer 😉

Dezzy Baby … spot on. The first one was absolutely awful!!! Really really bad. The third one ‘Crocodile’ was darkly brilliant!

doordonot
    Free Member

A few of them were watchable but switched off about half-way through Black Museum when the drilling started. My blood/gore/death threshold was maxxed out.

Flaperon

Good thing the news doesn’t mention murder, or poverty, or disease, or war, or suicide bombers, or ethnic cleansing, or gassing of civilians, or gay men being thrown from roofs, or animal cruelty, or peadophilia, or…

And it’s all before the watershed.

Television doesn’t make people do bad things.

vongassit
    Free Member

It was all pretty decent with my faves being 2 , 4 , 6. That crocodile one was a bit unsavory even for my dark & twisted tastes.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

fantastic series, completely enjoyed all 4 seasons. Charlie Brooker is a genius…..twisted i grant you but that’s what gets bums on seats….

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Good thing the news doesn’t mention murder, or poverty, or disease, or war, or suicide bombers, or ethnic cleansing, or gassing of civilians, or gay men being thrown from roofs, or animal cruelty, or peadophilia, or…

Point taken,

I enjoyed all of the others – black museum seriously didn’t agree with me… far to graphic for me

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Bit late to the game. Bingeing on all 4 series (on Showbox for free). Just seen the one about the woman who keeps murdering getting found out by the hamsters’ memory…

Bit disappointed with the recurring “plug a thing in your head and put you in a virtual reality” maguffin.

muggomagic

I thought Black Museum was a great episode. With every season there is always at least one episode that really grabs me, and for season 4 it was Arkangel. I reckon a lot of parents would want to keep tabs on their kids that way. It’s the ultimate version of “Find my friends”.

wilburt
    Free Member

Havent yet seen episode six, the others were good except five which had the most potential spoilt by easy solutions not taken.

I’n no gore fan so we’ll see how I get on with six tonight.

mahalo

i thought the star trek one was ace!!

still not seen them all but Hang the DJ was immense!!

White Christmas still my fave of the lot…

all new Black Mirror and Inside Number 9 in the same week – what time to be alive!!

Flaperon

black museum seriously didn’t agree with me… far to graphic for me

If I’m honest I’ve not watched that episode yet. Not brilliant with gore so like you may be abandoning it half way through!

dazh

Black museum is not that bad. Don’t know what the fuss is about. They’ve all been good. Still can’t get my head around what 5 was about but 1 dodgy one out of 6 isn’t bad. Star Trek one was great I thought.

Why did the memory recall viewer on the ne with the insurance agent have a CRT screen???

edlong
    Free Member

We live a country where an MP was murdered while out canvassing

That’s not true. Jo Cox was murdered walking to a constituency surgery. She wasn’t canvassing.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not sure why that one in particular, but I found white Christmas really unsettling.

And I couldn’t watch Hostel so I’m guessing this one will be a bit hard to watch!

I do like the way they’re mostly only one detail removed from reality/present day. The ones set a long way in the future are easier to ignore.

jekkyl

Monkey needs a hug.

sadexpunk

just started these for our next ‘box set’. seen two so far, the prime minister/pig one and the ‘x-factor’ virtual reality lifestyle jobbie. wife is definitely unimpressed and ive got to say i was pretty bored with that second one. ill keep going tho, give it a bit more of a chance.

dazh

They’re a bit hit and miss. Don’t write it off completely because of dodgy episodes. You’ll miss ones like San Junipero in season 3.

DezB
    Free Member

Really liked Crocodile. Some dark stuff there.

jekkyl

Most of them can be read on two levels. At face value, little dark stories but they are also commentary about modern life.

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh, deep 😉

sadexpunk

watched another three last night, theyre definitely a mixed bag arent they. im sticking with it to the end tho now, im really enjoying them, something different from the norm.

oh, and wife has gone from “i hate black mirror, its the shittest thing ive ever seen” to “just pause it a sec while i nip for a wee” 😀

slimjim78
    Free Member

Yeah I don’t get it either. Feels so lo-fi and cheap. Like Dr Who for when the kids are in bed.

bobbyspangles

Brilliant, fresh and drives the debate. More please, and inside no9.

rone

Bit late to the game. Bingeing on all 4 series (on Showbox for free)

Nice. Glad there will be your contribution to help keep all these decent programs going.

I certainly wouldn’t brag about it.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Of the latest series, which is the ‘least dark’ ..? apart from the 1st episode, which we have seen…

CountZero

Have to question the writer it was actually horrid, I didn’t see it through turned off at about 30 mins.

Stay away from anything by JG Ballard, then, particularly Crash and The Atrocity Exhibition.

jimjam
    Free Member

I was probably going to give S4 a miss were it not for this thread – curiosity compels me when I read something like the op. To be honest no big fuss over Black Museum, and have watched a few other episodes. Mixed feelings about Black Mirror as a whole.

On the plus side I like short stories, it reminds of The Twighlight Zone, Outer Limits and Tales from the Crypt (and Tales from the Darkside), I like the themes being explored and they are generally well shot, well acted and well written.

On the downside I feel that there’s half an effort to construct a coherent universe that isn’t well realised or thought out and the story structures are too similar to the shows mentioned albeit replacing supernatural fears with technological ones. I do realise there is something of a contradiction there.

But anyway, well done OP for promoting gore and sexual violence 😆

sadexpunk

watched two series, i think theyre more ‘miss’ than ‘hit’ so on the verge of binning it. thought we’d watch ‘black museum’ to see what the fuss was about but thought it pretty tame really. ok, but nowt special.

will watch ‘crocodile’ next and if no better i think that’ll be it.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Black Mirror – unwatchable…’ is closed to new replies.