• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by dlr.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • black mesa
  • racefaceec90

am VERY excited about playing this (just downloaded it to my new laptop/and it runs woohoo! 😀

wow is all i can say when just starting it 😀

they definitely went to town with remaking it.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

is the final release out on steam?

racefaceec90

according to the black mesa site,the steam version has yet to be released http://www.blackmesasource.com/

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wysiwyg
    Free Member

but release 1 is fully working?

ive ploughed through hl2 and all the episodes so looking for something else.

nicko74

It is pretty good replaying it; the updated graphics really give it that “wow” feeling for the first couple of hours. I then got a bit bored on some of the platforming type stuff, unfortunately, but really glad that it was developed and released.

Northwind

Maybe I’m just an old cynic but I thought it was pretty poor. So I thought maybe it was a bad remake, so I loaded up original half life, and it turned out to be pretty terrible too, despite fond memories. I imagine I’d feel the same playing Quake 1, very much of its time.

On the plus side, Black Mesa doesn’t include Xen, so that gets a thumbs up.

scotroutes

Half Life (and follow ups) is the last video game I ever played. Sort of looking forward to this now…

Flaperon

Give Portal + Portal 2 a shot. Very original and fantastic execution. My all-time favourite games (after Digger and Dizzy, obviously).

alfabus
    Free Member

no port for mac 🙁

this makes me sad, as this would’ve been good to play on my MBP which comes with me when I work away during the week.

No time to play it when I’m at home on my PC!

lowey

Considering its free, its bloody great.

For some reason though I felt a bit meh about it after I finished.This is going to sound silly, but the audio on the original HL I though was groundbreaking. It just didnt transfer over to BM.

xiphon
    Free Member

It’s a fantastic remake of the original – look in the vending machines!

dlr

I downloaded it at the weekend and played it for a few hours, did bring back good memories, then I got stuck so left it for now heh, will try again at some point…. Did seem like a good remake, simple enough gfx wise for my low end laptop but still looked good enough

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘black mesa’ is closed to new replies.