Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Black Horse Bike Finance
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

Just received this from my (not so) LBS

'
    On 26th of December Black Horse, our present lender, is ceasing to lend, this means our finance offering will change. Most shops in the UK will be in the same situation. We are at present in talks with various other lenders but no deal has yet to be done' (they're still accepting custom until the 26th February 2010)

All seems a bit crap TBH – is this the banking system now pi$$ing on small bike shops?

druidh
    Free Member

This isn't specific to bike shops, it's a strategic move by BHF affecting a number of sectors.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

in a word yes….but we're all waiting on the trade assoc to secure a new provider.should be soon thankfully.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

V2 will probably step in.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Lets hope so, surely finance is essential to keep trade going?

druidh
    Free Member

We could always encourage folk to actually save up to buy stuff rather than getting it on credit.

I know, I know – too radical and "off the wall".

benji_allen
    Free Member

Isn't interest free credit the same as saving up for it, but you get your bike at the start?

druidh
    Free Member

benji_allen – Member
    Isn't interest free credit the same as saving up for it, but you get your bike at the start?

What part of that word do you not understand?

mickasaki
    Free Member

Hopefully this is only cycle shops, otherwise i better get down the motorbike dealers a bit earlier than planned!

stumpyjon

Hope V2 do take it on, used BHF a few times but been very impressed with V2 through Wiggle and CRC. Very professional and none of the usual trying to get you to accidentally forget to pay it off at the end of the interest free period.

benji_allen
    Free Member

What part of that word do you not understand?

What part of a joke do you not understand 🙄

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Hope V2 do take it on, used BHF a few times but been very impressed with V2 through Wiggle and CRC. Very professional and none of the usual trying to get you to accidentally forget to pay it off at the end of the interest free period.

I'm guessing you mean V12?
    Can't say my girlfriend would agree with your comment and she used to work for V12.
    Maybe they have changed thier operating procedures more recently though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Black Horse Bike Finance’ is closed to new replies.