• This topic has 24 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Cougar.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Black Holes.
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Anyone else got one in their house? Where things that shouldn’t go missing go missing to.
    I can’t find a camera battery charger that should’ve been in a drawer with all the other camera chargers. I’ve looked everywhere it could be. I was going to sell the camera but the battery’s flat, so can’t test it & It would probably cost more for a new charger than I’d get for the camera & I’d get even less without a charger FFS!
    A debit card that I last used in the house to pay HMRC online. It lives in my wallet which never leaves the house unless we go away. It’s not there. I’ve looked in all my pockets, everywhere it could be. (now cancelled, new one ordered)
    Anyone else got black holes in the house?

fazzini

Yup. It’s generally where my willpower to not drink red wine and eat crisps can be found.

Oh, and keys, memory, that thing I just put down…

Greybeard
    Free Member

The first time I tried to view this thread I got a 504 error, page not found! Must be a black hole.

dissonance

Its easily fixed.
    Just buy the replacement and the old one will appear.

Kryton57

I think I drove through one today in Gloucester. It looked like rain so heavy I had to pull over in a lay by, but when I exited it I could see other stars in the sky.

I didn’t like it, it was very wet in there and everyone drove around at 5mph.

augustuswindsock

I’ve always thought it a bit spooky that I always find something that was lost when looking for something else, so perhaps it’s more of a wormhole that spits something else out after it’s swallowed what’s gone missing!

MrOvershoot

I can confirm Gloucester is a black hole Kryton. Or more to the point “The City Evolution Forgot”

CountZero

Yeah, I think there’s several of them, that move around the house. The worst culprit was my car keys, but they’ve got an AirTag on and that’s a magic charm that has stopped them disappearing.
    Every so often, I’m digging through stuff, looking for something specific, and then it’s “**** me! So that’s where that went!”

timba
    Free Member

I can see into black holes but they’re in a time/space dimension that I can’t get to, “I’ve seen that somewhere, but where was it?”

oldnick

My black hole became far more active after I met my wife.

Pure coincidence I’m sure.

MoreCashThanDash

My black hole became far more active after I met my wife.

Pure coincidence I’m sure.

I hope you meant that in the spirit of the thread….

ads678

He said black hole not back hole!

matt_outandabout

Yes I’ve a black hole of lost things.

It rotates around my better half, never leaves her be, and always has enough gravity to draw me into the search for missing phone/keys/diary/cup of tea(!)/important document.

When it’s my turn, I find a worm hole is a better description – it rarely happens, but when it does my stuff is transported to the next county or similar…..

pocpoc
    Free Member

Yes, but it only seems to pull in the kid’s stuff. We’ve been having an extension built over the last 6+ months so things have been constantly moved around and temporarily rehoused in different rooms to where they logically should be. We haven’t seen the youngest’s kindle tablet for about 2 months now.
    There’s also the situation where the mother-in-law decides to empty the dishwasher or tidy the lounge. Then it’s a like a treasure hunt to find the potato masher a week later when you need it again.

Harry_the_Spider

Yep. Everything that my daughter borrows vanishes into it, to be replaced by a pile of dirty pot left in the vicinity of the dishwasher.

w00dster

Yep, very much so. This weeks is a bank card and £20 in cash. Left in my helmet after the weekend ride (ready for next ride). Girlfriend “tidies up” (moves my helmet from the handy area where I know exactly where it is to a neater area…..and bank card and money now nowhere to be seen……(this is all “my bike area” of the garage that doesn’t need tidying).
    And @harry, you’re so lucky dishes make it down to near the dishwasher….girlfriends 23 year old son just stores them in his room until there’s none left in the cupboard…..and this morning while emptying the clean items from the dishwasher I found his dirty breakfast dishes mixed in with the clean……gggrrrrr!!!!

fasthaggis

I’m with Matt on this one,we have more of a worm holes thing going on.
    Stuff is transported to ridiculous locations all around the house/shed/garden.
    It’s like being in a weird treasure hunt that I didn’t sign up for.
    😆 🤣 😂

desperatebicycle

Mine’s in my garage. Whenever I’m working on a bike, I put a tool down, turn around and do something else, then need the tool I put down and it’s vanished! Disappeared. Only reappears at the sound of loud swearing, eg “Where the FU.. ah there it is!”. Anything smaller than, er.. say, a stem – if dropped on the floor, also disappears into the mysterious void.
    There’s also a bladder switch on my garage door.. but that’s another story

MrSparkle

Black holes matter.

mert
    Free Member

I’ll be perfectly honest, since the ex moved out i lose an absolute shed load less.
    Used to misplace car keys (£450 to replace) 2 or 3 times a year, house keys almost weekly, someones phone maybe once a month, cooking implements, knives, camping stuff, whatever.

I mean, it all gets used less now as there’s only me and the kids here, but it’s so nice to not have to ask where the car key has gone, be accused of losing it yourself, then finding it in someones winter jacket that has been put away for the summer.

Stuff at her place still goes missing regularly, that’s probably my fault too.

hardtailonly

Black holes matter.

Can I just say … 👏👏👏

ton

must be a ferkin huge one in my house, drinks my supply of brewdog every week……….

pk13

10mm socket parallel universe its called in my house currently lost.
    2 bank cards.
    1 front door key the posh ones that you need the code for replacements.
    1 300mm sq box with new cobalt drill bits in
    1 huge box of wago connecters.
    And the Christmas cards we brought last year in the sales

IdleJon

I’ll check in the pasta cupboard when I get home and see how much spaghetti has been created.

Cougar

Mine is directly related to “I’ve put it somewhere safe.” There’s an expensive ring here somewhere, it was rolling around in the bottom of a drawer for ages, I thought “it’s going to get lost in there” so put it somewhere safe. I haven’t seen it since, that was about five years ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.