Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Black Friday…. did you buy owt?
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

I was tempted with an xbox one x plus 9 games for $600AUD but somehow resisted. The offer is still on. I don’t need one. I don’t need one. I really don’t need one….

Who succumbed and what did you get?

scruff9252

I bought a four pack of beer. Does that count?

[although I do have manflu so today’s task laying on sofa doing online xmas shopping]

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Dunno… was it on sale?

DT78
    Free Member

Yes some weber bits and bobs and some of the kids Christmas presents.  Want to pick up a familytent but not seen much of interest

rone

I went down the street to get some stuff from a proper shop.

MrPottatoHead

Bought Lego Boost kit to keep me amused Christmas day.  It was about 50% off.  Bit of an impulsive buy but had fund age from flogging bike bits recently.

Yak

I bought an Avio power meter for Mrs Yak. Well I have sent a crank off and have a few days to wait now.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

oh rone… even proper shops had sale too

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I followed scruff’s example, a couple of pints in front of a roaring fire with a 19yr old Swedish model.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

A wireless keyboard for my HTPC (the other had broken) and probably about to buy some fermenters for my brewery.

djflexure

Was going to get 4 new tyres from Blackcircle – 10% discount. Forgot and now they are even cheaper today

bikebouy
    Free Member

From Andertons, wasn’t waiting for Black Friday… but it just so happened I’ve been looking for a portable effects multi program amp to take along to hotels along with my Guitar..

Tracey

Couple of pairs of riding glasses from the Oakley site with 50% off.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I followed scruff’s example, a couple of pints in front of a roaring fire with a 19yr old Swedish model.

Airfix clear out?

I looked at a few things, none of the prices that special so saved the cash

jonnyboi

Avio Power Meter and a garmin smart scale. I refuse to get fat this winter, only poorer

winston
    Free Member

Mister-P
    Free Member

I bought nowt. I don’t need or want anything, no matter how discounted it pretends to be.

Tracey

Biggest discount was earlier in the week. Pre reged at Ford with 24 miles on the clock

Didn’t even know we were getting it

IdleJon

Issue 12 of Cranked. 40% off, so £6.75 with free postage. And it arrived about an hour ago. Excellent service, excellent mag!

Drac

Trainers for the kids Xmas presents, Garmin watch for the wife Xmas present, Logitech harmony and a couple of other bits. I then went to a proper shop as some folks call them and bought some 2 bottles of gin as yes they have sales too.

Nice Tracey.

rene59
    Free Member

Coke and hookers were 40% off. Bargain.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I bought a 2018 Roubaix on Sunday,at a clearout price as it’s the end of the year & the LBS matched the price I’d found on the web.

I decided to upgrade my pedals as Merlin were having a sale.

Bought a torque wrench from Wiggle as they had a sale & I was wary about over tightening things on the new carbon frame..

I also bought one of those Bikehut 1600 lights for £35 that people are saying positive things about.

Biggest saving was obviously the bike,but that was nothing to do with ‘Black Friday’.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Tracey. Tell me about the van. Is this in addition to the behemoth…..

Or have you sold that?

Pyro

Bottle of Maker’s Mark from Amazon.

ajantom

Some of those £1.80 Avid BB5s (totally not fake of course) + some cheap avid levers and some brake cable. Disc setup for >£10 for the pootle-mobile.

Tracey

Still got the motorhome and Abigales Tourneo Connect. Kevin saw it last week whilst I was in hospital. He said it was too good a deal to miss so traded the  Grand Picasso in. Just been taking the back seats out and the bikes will go in instead of on the towbar. Loads of room inside an great spec

phil5556

I bought a new wetsuit, but I don’t think it was any cheaper for being black Friday, I just need a new one.

I kind of need a new phone too, but couldn’t be bothered to look yesterday.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Oaft, if I had cash that Transit would do me fine.

I got the Bikehut 1600 light (needed a light anyway) and a pair of the Clarks MT2 brakes at £17 an end for the missus. Also buying a load of bits to fix the car but as its ECP I don’t think it counts.

DezB
    Free Member

Ski gloves for son’s school trip. Said they were Black Friday prices but who knows, I was’t looking before. Also a couple of things from SportPursuit, but I doubt the prices were any different from when they had been previously.
    It’s all a big ol’ mugs game. Probably the whole of November should be the event: Mugs’ Month.

ElShalimo

I bought a posh gorgonzola, fig and prosciutto pizza at Sainsbury’s – £4 reduced from £5. That’s living!!

johndrummer
    Free Member

Nope. Nada. Nothing.

matt_outandabout

No.

I did sit next to a chap through the school concert last night who was buying up half of Amazon it seemed while telling his wife that black Friday was as cheap as it gets… Personally, I watched the kids play some amazing music.

Bregante

Just a couple of Christmas presents (headphones for my son and a waffle iron of all things, for my daughter) Didn’t save much (less than £20) but would have got them anyway so better than nowt.

MSP

There were a few things I wanted, but none were discounted. From what I could see everything discounted was just junk.

Cyber Monday for amazon, so I might see if the kindle oasis gets discounted, but I doubt it will.

kazafaza
    Free Member

Stanton Slackline frame.  I need to stop drunkbrowsing, but I’m sure that will be Grant’s.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Airfix clear out?

That would have been a better chance of me sticking body parts together. 😭

funkmasterp

Nothing at all here.

stevie750

Windscreen wiper and a brake light switch. It was a black Friday sale but they do a discount every weekend anyway so no different from that

Cougar

Just bought the new Chromecast from Argos, £20.  Will be a nice upgrade from my old one.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Well, I bought a TV but it was unrelated to Black Friday. It wasn’t expensive £330 reduced from £400, but it’s been sold at that price from a dozen retailers for a month or so. It’s a nice 4k job with the right version of WebOS and all that.

I picked it up from Currys in the end at it was the closest to me, interestingly perhaps they had another version, same size, same brand, same features, but slightly different model number – £400 reduced from £500. I asked the guy if it was different, he said “I don’t think so, it’s a Black Friday Special”. There was a pile of them near the door and people were grabbing them in a semi-panic state, the guy who I asked about it when I picked up mine brought it to the car for me.

I’d like to think that it was the 2019 version of the 2018 one I chose, but knowing a little about how LG bang out dozens of the same monitor under different model numbers (sometimes with different mounts, but often not) I do wonder if it was an invented discount.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Black Friday…. did you buy owt?’ is closed to new replies.