Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • STW OFFICIAL BLACK FRIDAY 2019 THREAD
  • Northwind

Aye, those look like the same ones I have (a mate of mine runs kids’ nerf war parties and he uses the same chinese knockoffs, by the thousand- they’re not quite as good as the real thing but they’re damn close, and they’re safe)

Check out nfstrike if you want to go down the rabbit hole 🙂 Or outofdarts.

(this link is purely for the caption: A GOOD BALL IS NOT AFRAID TO BE ENLARGED. A noble spirit embiggens even the smallest balls!)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50-100pc-Bullet-Balls-Round-Compatible-For-Nerf-Rival-Apollo-Boy-Toys-Gun-Refill/391922932322?hash=item5b406d5a62:m:ms6orhUpQn5EvXzggI4X9pA

AlexSimon
    frankconway

Ah, Black Friday – that retail con.
    The investigation by Which? is limited in scope but correct and, I believe, applicable to the wider retail market.
    Sure, there will always be some items at lower price on Black Friday/Cyber Monday than at other times but, in the main, it’s an opportunity for retailers to shift any/all of the following – slow sellers, old stock, over stock, ‘special purchases’ and general tat – and still make a profit.
    Manufacturers don’t have full order books for the full year so large retailers place bulk orders at knock down prices to fill holes in order books; that is one source of black friday ‘offers’.

singletrackmind

Check for yourselves but Sport Pursuit have Suunto Vertical 3 watches at £99
    Closest I could find from shop base retailers was £199, with fleabsy sellers in the middle
    Rrp £300,allegedly
    I have no want or need of a Suunto watch and have no idea why I looked

bentandbroken

The Echo Dot3 is going for £22 on Amazon and instore at Argos. Even checking Pricerunner etc it looks as if this is a good price. 🙂

bearnecessities

25% off inflatable turkey suits at Homebase.

Clucky

Drac

Ah, Black Friday – that retail con.
    The investigation by Which? is limited in scope but correct and, I believe, applicable to the wider retail market.

Some items in a sale not actually cheaper than they have been in the past shocker.

Tallpaul

Amazon Fire Kids 8 @ £85 a good price? Our ancient iPad battery is shot and our 4 year old is the only one who uses it (for CBeebies playtime island).

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Yes. It’s a bit more than the 7 for a snip at £29.99 but I think you’re getting a better bigger screen etc so worth it IMO

feed

not since 1939. Thanksgiving was moved from the last to the penultimate Thursday in ’39 by Roosevelt as it would have been the 30th which was felt to be too late as it shrank the Christmas shopping period too much. In 41 they decided that was silly as some years it fell too early so in ’41 they made it the 4th Thursday in November so the calendar that year didn’t change but the reason it fell on the same date did.
    As such black Friday can’t currently fall later than the 29th of November as it does this year (and not earlier than the 23rd)

Is it still acceptable to call it black Friday and can Jungle Drums be discounted 🙂

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Has anyone seen any on-bike pumps (preferably with a gauge) or a Garmin Edge Explore in the sales?

johndoh
    Free Member

Our ancient iPad battery is shot and our 4 year old is the only one who uses it (for CBeebies playtime island).

Get a standard Fire for half the price.

frogstomp

Rad8 glasses (non-prescription) and spares 25% off until the end of the year.

gooner69

Well that was disappointing.
    Had an eye on a Ribble CGR Sl in 105 flavour and waited for it to drop a little from its £1699 regular price. Everything else (that i havent been monitoring) on the site seems to have dropped 3-4 hundred quid.
    The CGR has dropped a tidy £250, bargain or so it seems. Except the retail price mysteriously increased moments before the reduction to £1849 from the price above. Now the Black Friday price is £1599 after the reduction.
    No better than an on one sale:(

Not quite the bargain you are led to believe then….

johndoh
    Free Member

Except the retail price mysteriously increased moments before the reduction to £1849 from the price above. Now the Black Friday price is £1599 after the reduction.

Ask them where and when the item was on sale for the higher price (is it 28 days) in order for that price to be legally allowed to be marked as being at a sale price and whether they would be willing to sell it at the price you want…

towzer

FYI

Full UK 50,000 OS mapping plus app £40 at memory map, plus various other sale items. I use the maps and app and think it’s pretty good.

https://www.memory-map.co.uk/

And 30z off at splashmaps , waterproof and wearable maps and van roof lining….

Fabric Maps for your Adventure

Use code splashweek

gooner69

@Johndoh i`ve asked via instagram what occured. Think its a private message just sent to them.
    Will see what they say, but im already looking elsewhere now 🙁

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I got quite a few things in the sales – but they have been quite particular and specific things I have wanted for, in some cases, years* and I have been following the prices for a long time and know when they are an actual reduction.

A couple of more generic things I was interested in (pair of trainers and an electric toothbrush) just seemed like a load of crap and doing some searches had been cheaper elsewhere before etc so I didn’t bother.

*having been a student then being on a short term contract I couldn’t splash the cash, but just got a permanent work contract

Kryton57

Most Specilized tyres 1/2 price on the concept store web site.   And if you want a Roubaix Sport, there’s one on there with £700 discount.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’ve been hoping that somewhere would have some deals on either eTap or preferably Di2 road groupsets for Black Friday but no joy so far.

If anyone spots any deals can they post them up on here?

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I forgot to mention, I’m looking for a disc groupset.

Just seen the Force AXS shifting kit at Sigma Sport for a decent price, just need to price up chainrings and cassettes as nothing seems compatible with AXS ☹️

andybrad

any good deals on muc off cleaning stuff or squirt lube?

spacemonkey

Audible are offering 300 books at £3 ea. Some cack in there but plenty of bestsellers retailing at £25+. Worth buying a few to stock up and save those credits.

EDIT: existing members only methinks

drewd

Merlin have Muc Off cleaning items in their sale. 1 litre bottles for £3.75 and kits with brushes for £17.50. They have Fenwick concentrate on sale too.

Superstar have 35% off a £60 spend with the code black35.

Houns

Eurocarparts are usually good for mucoff discounts throughout the year

Anyways, as stated above Black Friday (which, according to the emails I receive) is Black November

Resist the urge to buy shit you don’t need… give the money to a good cause instead

singletrackmind

Planet X Bobby Dazzler 3 x Cree XML front lamp in a CFD package witha Li-Po for £21 delivered

Should be good as a bar lamp, 4hr runtime on full power apparently

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘STW OFFICIAL BLACK FRIDAY 2019 THREAD’ is closed to new replies.