Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Black Forrest. tell me about it
  • MadBillMcMad

Would it be a good area for a 2 week summer holiday with the family for walking and biking.

Thinking of doing hull/zeebrugge ferry and driving.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I haven’t been there for biking myself but a friend of mine moved there a couple of years ago and loves it for the biking (he works for Magura). They do have some problems with the 2 metre rule which is enforced pretty strongly which means mountain bikers aren’t allowed to ride on trails narrower than 2 metres. But for general exploring in the mountains it’s supposed to be wonderful. Plus there are trail centres such Todtnau if you want gnarl.

nosherduke996
    Free Member

It,s ok but i prefer lemon cheesecake 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Chocolate sponge layered with cream and black cherries.

Damn, beaten to it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve stayed there, took the roadie though and it was back in 07′ and apart from the pine trees and lush smells I can’t remember much about it..

MadBillMcMad

Does sound too gripping. Perhaps we will head over to France instead. Better croissants there.

alpin
    Free Member

great biking around the town of Freiberg in the south wet near the borders of France/Switzerland. as in really great biking! it appears that over half the population ride… bikes everywhere.

again the area near Titisee (lit. Lake Tit) is nice and as some good riding. a friend works (or at least did last time i heard from him) at the bike hire centre there.

but Bavaria is better for riding, walking, beer and there are loads of lakes that sit at the foot of the alps…. look up Walchensee, Tegernsee, Cheimsee and Neuschwanstein Castle (there is a nice campingplatz on the lake there). is is another 3,5 hours further than the Balck Forest, although that may not make any difference to you if you are coming from the north.

MoreCashThanDash

Would I get banned for seeing the thread title and thinking of Forrest Whittaker?

Edukator
    Free Member

Expect it to rain rain a lot but if you don’t mind being wet it’s a great area for easy biking and walking.

dknwhy

We’ve been a couple of times and based ourselves at Hotel Gruner Baum in Lenzkirch and then last summer at Camping Bankenhof by Lake Titisee (nicer than Sandbank campsite as close to the lake but less busy).
    If you’re interested in cycling,walking and lake swimming it is ideal. Titisee is a picture perfect tourist town, plenty of bars and restaurants.
    Short of nature, there’s not a huge amount to do. Rothaus brewery is worth a visit (book in advance). The gastekarte you get as a tourist gives discounts at a lot of places so is worth having (it’s free as you’ll pay tourist tax).
    In terms of biking, an xc MTB or cross bike is ideal. Lots of bike paths and xc trails/forest roads.
    Bavaria is nice too but that bit further in the car. I love holidaying in Germany – everything is straightforward! One tip: take your empty beer crate and bottles back to the supermarket for money off your next crate…

molgrips
    Free Member

Titisee

Please tell me there’s a nudist beach there…?

dknwhy

molgrips – Please tell me there’s a nudist beach there…?

Well, now you mention it…. Ye…. No there isn’t 😆

rickmeister

We moved here last year, just south of titisee and schlussee, close to the Swiss border. Really like it, heading for a great summer again too. Loads of campsites, good road riding… Bike park at todnau is 40 mins away and is hosting German round of World Cup.

Fair amount of accommodation on farms or rooms in houses. Loads of biking in the forest, maps are good and way marking is excellent. Fair amount of land based stuff and sailing and watery stuff on the lakes…

Sundays are a bit mad with motorbikes as the roads are brilliant, otherwise car drivers are very good with cyclists on the road….

Oh, cake….

Edukator
    Free Member

There’s no nudist beach at Titisee but walking near Baden Baden we came across a lake in an old quarry with lots of people skinny dipping.

RoterStern
    Free Member

If you want nudist bathing just head to the Baltic sea! But TBH you’ll wish most of the people letting it all hang out were covered up!

alpin
    Free Member

i saw my first pair of tits last week here in Munich…. 😀

lived up near the border of Thüringen for a short period a few years ago…. loads of nuddies running about up there…

molgrips
    Free Member

Just to clear it up, I don’t WANT to go to a nudist beach.

alpin
    Free Member

no, nor do i, but i like to hide in the bushes.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Black Forrest. tell me about it’ is closed to new replies.