Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Black cab pulled up next to me on my commute home last night
  • benp1

I was still riding, he pulled up next to me (while we were travelling towards a red light) with his window down

I was expecting him to have a rant at me for riding defensively downhill (was riding just below the speed limit, lots of islands, kept my position to stop the dodgy passes). Surprising amount of people beep at me while passing so assuming this was going to be something similar

He was smiling, friendly, and commented on how well lit I was. Said he could see from miles away and was the best lit cyclist he’d seen all night

Had a Smart R2 on solid, a RSP Tourlite on flash, and a Lezyne Macro Duo on my lid on flash. Reflective spoke tubes and the odd other reflective bit

This isn’t a brag (there’s nothing clever about it). It was genuinely nice for someone to comment positively and it completely made my ride home! Even gave me a second wind for the following little uphill section. Just makes a change for people to be nice to each other!

That is all

Drac

jekkyl

I had the opposite the other night, a german couple pulled up next to me in Keele and commented in broken english that my rear light was bit dim. I think they were expecting me to get defensive and have a rant but I sheepishly thanked them and promised to change the batteries later. They smiled and drove off so quite a positive interaction despite my slightly dangerous predicament. (I was wearing some high viz)

enfht
    Free Member

Drac where’s that picture from? It’s doing my nut in!

survivor

Men in black

benpinnick

Men In Black [insert film number here]

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Men In Black Men the p0rn sequel.

Murray

Could have been my friend Phil. Took up cabbing so he could ride in the day.

benp1

Cor blimey, that top and trousers combo looks awesomes!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Black cab pulled up next to me on my commute home last night’ is closed to new replies.