Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Black and White Town – Printer issues
  • kayak23

Firstly, I didn’t touch anything,I swear. It just started doing it.

I’ve got an HP Envy printer/scanner and it’s running on Windows 10 on my laptop.

For the past few months I’ve been unable to print photos in anything other than black and white.

I’ve tried everything I can think of, watched various YouTubes and read various posts but nothing seems to have worked so far.

I’m assuming it happened over some sort of Windows update maybe.

I’ve checked for driver updates, tried reinstalling the driver, deleted the printer and reinstalled it, turned it off and on again (obvs) reset the defaults, reset the whole printer to factory, put new cartridges in, but nothing so far.

I can print a test page in colour, I can I think print a pdf in colour, I can print from my phone on the HP app in colour, but if I go to an image in a folder on the computer and go to print it, the preview is in black and white and it prints in black and white. Obviously I’ve gone into options and advanced options and checked that it’s all set for colour, but no colour comes.

Michael Jackson seemed to think that it don’t matter, but to me it does as my photos are primarily in colour and I can’t print them!

Any ideas anyone?

kayak23

B&W

sl2000

Cougar

I feel your pain, I’ve got an Envy… 4520 and I’ve lost weeks to this shite. It’s HP cockbaggery and I wish I could tell you which combination of voodoo and swearing finally fixed it. It was probably either tearing out all the HP crap and letting it use the Microsoft driver, or the other way around. Might even have been rolling back to an older driver version. What I do know is after days of HULK SMASH, ripping it all out and going “add new device” was what actually got it working again.

It is definitely just a software problem though, I had it on one machine and everything else was fine.

Yell if you don’t get anywhere and I’ll go delve a bit deeper into configurations.

kayak23

I’ve got an Envy… 4520

I think that’s the same as mine.

Cheers. Yeah I’ll keep trying but like you say, I’m losing hours to this now every time I try to get some admin done.

I’ve tried to contact HP too but only seem able to get a virtual assistant.

Very frustrating as a lot of my work requires me to print in colour.

nickjb
    Free Member

Can you print images to PDF in colour then print the PDF?

Its a crappy work around but might help. If the pdf print only goes to black and white then that might help isolate the problem.

kayak23

I can seemingly print a pdf in colour yes.
    It’s a pita but that’s the only workaround I have at the moment.

Weird issue.

docgeoffyjones

I have the same.

Got a HP person to remote access my computer. this is what they did

Note down IP of printer

unistal printer and printer software

change the IP address of the printer

Reinstall

Repeat for every single windows 10 update

kayak23

Always a bit wary of that remote access thing. Will I die?

kayak23

Update if anyone is remotely interested, I seem to have fixed it….for now.

I just went to my device manager and removed my printer as a device, I then went into the control panel and uninstalled all of the HP software I had on there.

I then reconnected the printer to my wifi and then reinstalled the HP software and currently, it seems to have fixed it.

Hopefully it stays that way.

petermav
    Free Member

Unfortunately, the update didn’t fixed the problem in my case. I have tried also using HP Printer Resetter and some other printer reset tools but still cannot figure it out and I almost gave up searching for a solution.

zippykona

All our previous HP printers would you 3rd party inks. Our latest one won’t, any work arounds we can try?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Black and White Town – Printer issues’ is closed to new replies.