Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 647 total)
  • Bizarre logo coincidence? Rich Energy and Whyte Bikes
  • thepurist

Or will he be heading over with some hot soapy water and vinegar to fill some cans

FTFY.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thread!

Shit just got real for Rich Energy.

Trimix
    Free Member

Their branding designer will have to nick another one then.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rich Energy has been ordered to disclose to ATB Sales (Whyte Bikes) the total UK and global sales to date of cans of Rich Energy featuring the offending logo, as well as the total sums received from these sales.

Place bets now!

philxx1975
    Free Member

Zero sales mean Whyte will get a percentage of zero sales.

Bez

Place bets now!

A monkey says it’s a pony.

simondbarnes

They didn’t even bother replying when I asked where I could buy it in France. Useless ****.

leffeboy

ah excellent.  Was wondering when the judgement was.  Wonder what their next play will be

PJM1974
    Free Member

*coughs*
    https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Details/102102/lotus-81-f1

*splutters*
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Thieme

*guffaws*
    https://www.motorsportweek.com/joesaward/id/00102

There’s Essex Petroleum and the shyster who hocked Arrows into oblivion, also involving a bogus energy drink brand.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Fairly comprehensive…

SUMMARY OF MAIN POINTS OF COURT ORDER MADE ON 27 JUNE 2019 IN ATB SALES LIMITED -V- (1) RICH ENERGY LIMITED, (2) WILLIAM STOREY, (3) STAXOWEB LIMITED

An Injunction been granted preventing Rich Energy from infringing Whyte Bikes’ copyright in their stag logo. The effect of this is that Rich Energy will not be able to use the stag logo on energy drinks or on any other products; the injunction takes effect on 18 July 2019;
    Rich Energy’s request for a 3 month stay of the injunction was refused, they have been allowed a 3 week stay only;
    Rich Energy’s request for permission to appeal to the Court of Appeal was refused. They can ask the Court of Appeal for permission to appeal. Any application for permission to appeal and/or for a continuation of the stay will have to be made by 18 July 2019.
    Rich Energy have been ordered to deliver up all infringing Rich Energy products to Whyte, or, at Rich Energy’s option, to destroy the items or render them non-infringing by 1 August 2019.
    A declaration has been made that Rich Energy’s stag’s head logo UK trademark is invalid; this provision will not take effect until 18 July 2019.
    Rich Energy has been ordered to disclose to ATB the total UK and global sales to date of cans of “Rich Energy” drink bearing the Rich Energy stag’s head logo and the total sums received from such sales;
    Rich Energy has been ordered to pay costs of £35,416 to ATB Sales (Whyte) within 14 days.
    Damages for copyright infringement, if not agreed between the parties, will be assessed by the court at a later hearing.

Pwned

martinhutch

Rich Energy have been ordered to deliver up all infringing Rich Energy products to Whyte

Have Whyte got a licence to dispose of toxic waste?

matt_outandabout

Sh*t just got real.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Shit is a little more real now as well.

Disclosure of funds and investments (including by 3rd parties) relating to their sponsorship of the Haas F1 team.

Shredders be shredding, I’m sure!

leffeboy

I’m also a little surprised at their use of hashtag #betterthanredbull.  If there is one thing RedBull is really good at it is marketing.  I wouldn’t really want to flag myself as a target, especially at this time

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

If there is one thing RedBull is really good at it is marketing.

I bet they’ve never run a viral marketing campaign with global coverage and news headlines for £35,416

RustySpanner

Is the world ready for a pastie you can’t buy?

I don’t think it’s possible to improve on the traditional short crust monocoque, personally, but I’m open to new ideas.

matt_outandabout

I’m wondering what Haas’s involvement / take on this is.

leffeboy

I bet they’ve never run a viral marketing campaign with global coverage and news headlines for £35,416

Thats very true but you do get the impression that RE are winging it rather than being in control.  They appear to have become the story rather than the product

jjprestidge
    Free Member

matt_outandabout

Subscriber

I’m wondering what Haas’s involvement / take on this is.

Given that the CEO is a convicted felon I’d think they probably say business as usual.
    They’re a joke team IMO.

JP

hols2
    Free Member

So they will be forced to reveal their payments to Haas, that should provide some entertainment over the summer break.
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rich-energy-court-case-logo-haas/4487108/

Meanwhile, Staxoweb are still featuring the stag logo on their webpage.
    https://staxoweb.com/

Bez

If I was Whyte I’d set up a premium rate phone number and hand that out to all the journalists as the number for their PR department. By the end of the summer the entire workforce should be able to retire to the Bahamas.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Blatantly copying a logo, then attempting to BS your way out of it???
    That’s Rich.

dogbone

https://staxoweb.com/

Little Britain Challenge Cup?

I want that one.

orangespyderman

http://www.staxocopy.com is from the same group of companies. I’m rather disappointed it didn’t turn out to be their logo copying venture :D, rather just a plain old print and document management solution. From the court findings not sure I’d trust them with document management…

greyspoke
    Free Member

Rich Energy looks unlikely to be able to pay ATB Sales’ costs. In fact it is unclear how it paid its own (if it did). I think the order for disclosure of sources of funds is to try to identify anyone who may have been bankrolling the litigation. It is possible to get a costs order against the funder in those situations, which is probably ATB’s best hope of getting any money back.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The scene – A random petrol station in Elkhart, Indiana.
    Enter stage left a shifty looking chap with ten little black cans. He shoves them in a fridge, forgetting to line up the (stolen) logos. Then he reaches for his camera to film the magnificence.

Filmed on a potato.
    https://twitter.com/rich_energy/status/1146348916746706944?s=19

tomhoward

That whole post just screams “premium product” to me.

Trimix
    Free Member

How does anyone expect to run a sucsessful global business with that sort of ametureish promotion ?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

You have got to be fing kidding me…

hols2
    Free Member

WTF is with that video?

franksinatra

I worked for Coca-Cola for a few years, started out as a merchandiser and spent a lot of time putting in fridges and presenting product. That video makes my teeth itch.

AlexSimon

Trimix
    How does anyone expect to run a sucsessful global business with that sort of ametureish promotion ?

I think the point is that they don’t. They expect you to think that they’re running a successful global image, without having to actually do it.

franksinatra

and they are still using the logo everywhere.

martinhutch

I worked for Coca-Cola for a few years, started out as a merchandiser and spent a lot of time putting in fridges and presenting product. That video makes my teeth itch.

They’re trying to convey the feeling of actually consuming it.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Bloody amateurs.

Jamze

Somebody recognised that store on Twitter, the new ‘chain’ is a convenience store in Elkhart, Indiana. Loving the camera work, ‘quick, film it before they notice’.

retro83
    Free Member

LOL at the comments on the twitter post

Daniel Eckersley
    ‏ @dan_eck
    Jul 3
    Replying to @rich_energy

‘Quick, let’s dump this stock before we have to burn it or whatever’

‘Where?’

‘**** ANYWHERE mate’

‘Done’

‘Right, leg it’

cokie

That looks like it was a dare and they’ve potatoe recorded filmed it as evidence. Probably some palpitating little hormonal kid doing it for his uncle William Storey waititng in the car outside.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    grahamt1980

That is awesome.
    I’m slightly worried about his mental state though

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 647 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.