Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 647 total)
  • Bizarre logo coincidence? Rich Energy and Whyte Bikes
  • Jamze

“Rich Energy Racing” is Storey’s new vehicle to carry on where he left off in the belief that he’s now off the hook.

If that’s the case, though, what about the Haas sponsorship (which is LV). Being wound up too I guess.

Sui
    Free Member

Hold on, RER has been around since 2017, so surely still forms part of the “Rich Energy group” Also, as RE twitter account is still all about drinks, as is the website, how is it that the twitter account is still operating as RE and not LV, or at least under the control as LV as the twitter account would have formed part of the intellectual property of RE (now LV)…

oooh me head..

elliptic
    Free Member

Also, as RE twitter account is still all about drinks, as is the website, how is it that the twitter account is still operating as RE and not LV,

Because Storey has the password to it…

LV is just an empty husk at this point. Presumably what he’s hoping is that Haas etc who dealt with the old RE are left biting on thin air while he carries on with world domination. (There’s another case in progress with a wine investment firm Vin-X who are suing old RE about an un-repaid loan and some shares.)

However in the logo case he was named as a defendant personally (not just through the company) so Whyte certainly *can* keep going after him for that.

Jamze

It is strange, usually using a firm like BDG Group means you can distance yourself as much as poss from the old firm and product, minimise the bad rep of a failing company. Here he’s taken the product and all the PR nonsense with him?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

drlex
    Free Member

Caught in a brand swipe? No escape from TM IP!

oomidamon

Magnifico!

Bez

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

Caught in a lawsuit, no escape from a bankruptcy.

Edit: oh, I see I’m not first with a next line. Bah.

Pyro

Caught in a brand swipe? No escape from TM IP!

Open your eyes: Look for logos you’d like to steaaaaaaaalllll….

grahamt1980

I’m just a beardy boy, i need no sympathy

Houns

Because I’m easy come, easy go, some say I must’ve been high to steal a logo

thepurist

Everyone has a lawsuit set aside for me

For meeeeee

For MEEEEEEEEEEEE

Bez

I see a little online picture of a can
    Scaramouche, scaramouche, can you find a can? Damn, no!

mechanicaldope

Stags heads and lightning, IP’s not frightening

roverpig

“can you find a can? Damn, no!“

Take a bow sir 😀

Jamze

Good one…

Bez

Talk about kicking Rich Energy when they’re down…

…down, deeper and down.

mechanicaldope

“can you find a can? Damn, no!“

Take a bow sir

Perchy is going to shit a brick when he sees someone that wasn’t him came up with that!

joemmo
    Free Member

No stock in all over the world?

Jamze

He’s back. As someone said, he seems to think he’s managed to move the product to a new company with the same name. Noticed a new Rich Energy Limited appeared on Companies House a couple of days ago. The old Rich Energy operations mgr is named as director?

https://twitter.com/rich_energy/status/1152647842768535554

grtdkad

God that man is an utter twunt no?

grtdkad

So here Rich Energy undergoes a name change on 16th July to Lightning Volt Ltd

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09791667

And a new entity named Rich Energy incorporated on Friday 19th July. Mental.

When will this car-crash air on Netflix then ?

hols2
    Free Member

I was just thinking it would make a good spinoff series from Succession – one of the idiot children (or maybe cousin Greg) decides to leave the family nest and do their own thing so they start a bike company making the sickest bikes known to mankind, plus some tee-shirts and a tattoo parlour, then an energy drink company and motorsports sponsorship. All goes well until dad steps in and cuts off the funding, at which point angry customers want their bikes and the other companies whose IP they ripped off sue them, etc.

Jamze

Well, Drive To Survive is next year they say. They are filming this season 🙂

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.formula-1-drive-to-survive-to-return-to-netflix-next-year.2FTTMwLiLTxiMAmlQ7k8dE.html

PJM1974
    Free Member

I think that it’s safe to say that Mr Storey is a complete and utter weapon, I strongly suspect that the unraveling saga of twattery has more in store for us.

matt_outandabout

At what point does the impending Whyte payment / asset owed, the multiple other folk in the background of Rich Energy / Haas manage to wrestle off the man his Twitter account?

I think that is the sum all of his worth.

That, or it still is performance art…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

It’s just a Jordan in a wig distracting us from Sick!’s crimes.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Eddie Jordan has previous syrup related form.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The hair/beard is interesting. It’s a part of his identity in such a way that removing it would render him largely anonymous.

Deliberate? Who knows.

AlexSimon
    hols2
    Free Member

Anyone want to split an order of cheap energy drinks? Impressive discount if you order 5000 tonnes.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ENERGY-DRINKS-FRUIT-JUICE-MANUFACTURER-S_62008158344.html?spm=a2700.details.maylikehoz.4.4ede257eZ7SwZU

Bez

The hair/beard is interesting. It’s a part of his identity in such a way that removing it would render him largely anonymous.

Leaving the hair constant but swapping his daily environment for a piss-stained sleeping bag in a subway would also mean he’d blend in perfectly and unnoticeably.

Both of these alternatives seem like broadly plausible future scenarios, to be honest 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Great summary of it all posted on Pinkbike:
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/whyte-bikes-vs-rich-energy-what-happened-next.html:

That was a great read!

metalheart
    Free Member
    BearBack
    Free Member

I think Whyte should start an energy drink brand

Say RE actually send Whyte the product or empty cans, are Whyte allowed to sell it and make money from it?
    Even canned water sent to the 3rd world would be super.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

The bit I don’t understand: can someone explain to me how Storey got the initial sponsorship money to pay Haus the first installment (must be a few million?) or the money to make a supposedly credible 30m offer for Force India – based upon the fact he seems to have no money? Was he bullsh*tting investors, or trying to scam F1 teams? Or both?

hols2
    Free Member

can someone explain to me how Storey got the initial sponsorship money

He has a mate who made a fortune selling pictures of naked ladies.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Sullivan_(businessman)

andyr
    Free Member

Out in Newcastle last night…

Whyte Energy

Jamze

Thought this was interesting, not the first time there’s been a bike company/energy drink issue with logos.

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2010/11/05/Sponsorships-Advertising-Marketing/Bicycle-Company-Wants-Robby-Gordon-Energy-Drink-Logo-Changed.aspx

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 647 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.