Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Bizarre Black Sabbath fact of the day!
  • xcgb
    Free Member

Tony Iommi has written the Armenian Eurovision entry!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-21689607

philconsequence
    Free Member

a friends mum used to do their dry cleaning.

xcgb
    Free Member

Ah we are now into top 10 tenuous!

johnellison
    Free Member

Geezer Butler is a vegan and never swears. Presumably because he’s too weak…

passtherizla
    Free Member

I used to work with Mick Iommi, Tony’s brother.

aye-aye
    Free Member

Tony Iommi caused me to suffer a flat car battery at the Bike show in NEC, 2005 ish

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

that they are held in such high esteem… I dont mind them and am a bit of a metalhead but they’ve never done it for me.

brooess
    Free Member

that they are held in such high esteem… I dont mind them and am a bit of a metalhead but they’ve never done it for me.

It’s more the fact they created heavy metal than their execution of it, for which they’re held in such esteem

LoCo
    Free Member

WHAAAAT? 😯 😉

ThePinkster

They’re all extremely talented musicians but never get any credit for it.

CountZero

The Pinkster – Member
    They’re all extremely talented musicians but never get any credit for it.

True, but:

This. And I was into a lot of this music, even had several Sabs albums, Black Sabbath, Volume 4, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, and saw them at the Colston Hall on the Vol.4 tour, but I really can’t listen to them these days, Ozzy’s voice grates on me.
    I still listen to Purple, Zeppelin, and newer bands like Early Man and Mastodon.

cinnamon_girl

Ozzy Osbourne gave me an item of his clothing.

Seriously.

fadda

C_G wins! 🙂

mudmonster
    Free Member

Geezer Butler is a vegan and never swears. Presumably because he’s too weak…

Mike Tyson is vegan, doesn’t look weak to me.

johndoh
    Free Member

As I kid I liked them a bit but now I think they are possibly the best rock/metal band ever. I could listen to them all day.

And I got to see them at the Birmingham O2 Academy last year, got to the front and had a great time. Ohh, and we stayed at the same hotel as them and saw Ozzy and Sharrrrrrrronn!

markrh
    Free Member

An old friend of mine was once given a lift by a long haired ‘hippy type’ who claimed to be Ozzie Osbourne, and was quite upset when they said they’ed never heard of him… this was back in the early 1990’s in the Eccleshall (staffordshire} area.

maccruiskeen

Mike Tyson is vegan

Did he whisper that in your ear? 🙂

Anyway if we’re playing top-tenuous. I spent time in prison with one of Dexy’s Midnight Runners.

carlosg
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl – Member

Ozzy Osbourne gave me an item of his clothing.

He gave my mate a huge lump of dope!!

The mate in question was working at a large (posh) hotel in Leeds that he was stopping in ,when he went to wake him in the morning Ozzy was passed out on the settee surrounded by most of the different drug groups. My mate tidied everything away for him and handed it back in a bin liner. Ozzy gave him the lump on the way out.

Cougar

Mike Tyson is vegan, doesn’t look weak to me.

That can’t be right, ears are made of meat.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I think the best album they ever did was Mob Rules.

There, I’ve said it and written it.
    😆

johndoh
    Free Member

Well you are wrong then aren’t you.

Mackem

Best band ever, not limited to just “Heavy Metal” Some songs with fantastic lyrics.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

My ex wife’s father was Ozzie Osbourne’s GP when he lived at Ranton nr Stafford, now that was a full time job.

ricardo666
    Free Member

Tony iommi and Cozy Powell did a session at Amazon studios in liverpool, my first job. Tony hid in the studio. Cozy was superb, ended up doubling my wages for fixing a guitar amp and tape deck for him. A month later I received an envelope containing a signed photo from a band called Queen.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Ozzy signed my jeans outside the back of the Bristol Colston Hall after a gig in the early ’80s. My mum later washed them – I never forgave her.

Shortly after the Oz caressed my thigh with a marker pen the group I was with thought it would be great craic to rock and overturn the car Ozzy had just got in to get away. We started rocking it then Sharon leant out of the window and told us to **** off in no uncertain terms. We did, meek-faced.

bikebouy
    Free Member

” cough “

Technical Ecstacy.

” cough ”

samuri
    Free Member

When I lived in Toxteth, someone stole my car, A 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier.
    When it was recovered the thieves had left a set of expensive tools in the boot and a tenner in the floor well. They had burned the seats with cigarettes and left a cassette tape of the album ‘Sabotage’ in the player.

After that day my life changed forever.

Northwind

mudmonster – Member

Mike Tyson is vegan

Worst. Vegan. Evars.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Bizarre Black Sabbath fact of the day!’ is closed to new replies.