Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bivvy bag
  • nowik
    Free Member

Possible spring trip,what is a good one to purchase??

flatfish
    Free Member

VFM has to be the Hunka, if you want a thick down bag in there you’ll have to get the Hunka XL though to allow the lofting.

splashgordon
    Free Member

+1 for Alpkit.

mu3266
    Free Member

Need more information. Where are you heading to? Without knowing the temperatures you’ll be enduring I’m hesitant to recommend any kit less it be wrong & put you in unnecessary discomfort, not that Im normally that caring.

nowik
    Free Member

Snowdonia we are thinking.Up in the evening, bbq up top then 6hr Bivvy followed by a dawn raid back down at sunrise and a trail centre for good measure,that’s the plan

mu3266
    Free Member

You’ll be looking at something like the Rab Explorer series, possibly a 500 stretching to a 700 if there is a likelihood of below freezing temps.

Gribs

I’ve got a Rab Survival Zone that has been used on and off for the past 14 years but if I was buying a cheap one now it’d be the Alpkit one, spending more then I’d want one with a sleave for a thermarest.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have a cheapo one unused if you want it – email me

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

You’ll be looking at something like the Rab Explorer series, possibly a 500 stretching to a 700 if there is a likelihood of below freezing temps.

He’s asking about bivvy bags not sleeping bags.

Just buy an AlpKit Hunka XL, think of it as a sleeping bag cover and you’ll be fine. If you want something you can fully shut yourself up in (try not to if possible) then a RAB Storm would be about your cheapest option.

catsplums
    Free Member

all above is good info 🙂 I have bought a ID microbivy but yet to test it, looking forward to a trip out soon!

mu3266
    Free Member

ahhh my bad, obviously not paying attention to detail. I’ll promptly thrash myself with some burpees.

ontor
    Free Member

Rab Survival Zone. no question about it.

nowik
    Free Member

Cheers people 😀

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The cheap bivi bags usually have a simple draw cord closure, which ain’t that great. I’d probably be inclined to suggest an over sized bag so you can disappear down inside it if the weather turns.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bivvy bag’ is closed to new replies.