Bit of an off on the way to work. Thigh like Chris Hoy

Home Forum Bike Forum Bit of an off on the way to work. Thigh like Chris Hoy

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bit of an off on the way to work. Thigh like Chris Hoy
  • Premier Icon Speshpaul
    Subscriber

thats poo, can you get a crash replacement on your sandwich?

RICE for the thigh, I’d say.

bol

Beautiful sunny day, left for work and took the off-road option on my cross bike. Couple of people on the nice fast downhill path, so I went off to go round them like I often do. This time I stuck my front wheel in a hole, which wrenched the bars from my hands sending me one way and my bike the other. I’m a fairly heavy bloke and went down quite hard on my head and thigh. My helmet did a great job and broke in two places, by thigh on the other hand is now huge and my leg doesn’t work very well.

Worse still, I’ve trashed my shifters and my sandwich, which was in the outside pocket of my rucksack.

Today can only get better.

bol

Tucked up with compression bandage, ice and ibrobufen and hoping I’m feeling less pathetic soon.

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

tiny tiny possibility of compartment syndrome – if it starts really really hurting, A&E

(compression would increase this tiny tiny risk I reckon)

Premier Icon Imabigkidnow
    Subscriber

Talking of compression.

If you hit your head hard enough to split the helmet .. if you headache worsens .. or nausea .. A+E super quick and don’t drive yourself!

bol

Thanks. I’m a bit of a wuss when it comes to pain, and it isn’t too bad at the moment. I live next door to A&E pretty much, so have to fight the temptation to pop in unless I really need to – but I’ll keep an eye on it.

Premier Icon Imabigkidnow
    Subscriber

Presuming you have someone keeping a general eye on you, i.e. flatmate, better half, family

mangatank

You should get yourself checked out. Nothing to lose if you’re okay. Lot’s to lose if you don’t and you’re not.

toppers3933

If your leg has swollen up as you say and you hit your helmet hard enough to smash it I would whole heartlessly recommend a trip to a&e. much better for them to tell you it was a waste if time than to fall asleep tonight and not wake up again. A bit mellow-dramatic I know but it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Premier Icon neil the wheel
    Subscriber

fall asleep tonight and not wake up again.

That sounds a lovely way to go. How can I arrange it?
    Sorry about the prang, btw.

bol

My leg’s a bit stiff and sore when I walk, but I haven’t got any kind of headache and haven’t needed painkillers this afternoon. I’ll make sure Mrs Bol keeps an eye on me. Thanks for all the concern.

bol

On a positive note I’ve found a brand new replacement Force shifter on EBay for £80, which isn’t half as bad as I was expecting.

This thread needs pics

Premier Icon househusband
    Subscriber

What was in the sandwich..?

Oh – and hope you feel better soon!

toppers3933

Just thinking of your well being mate. Gals you’re not feeling too bad. 🙂

bol

I did take a pic of the sandwich (ham and cheese), but it isn’t very exciting.

The bruising hasn’t come out yet, but the helmet looks like this:

Premier Icon househusband
    Subscriber

Poor sandwich looks pulverised – as does your helmet but at least Specialized offer a crash replacement!

Premier Icon Speshpaul
    Subscriber

You need to email spesh uk and see about a crash replacement on the sandwich, not i’m serious. the chaps in all warrenty depts need a laugh 😆
    hope you are feely 100% in the morning.

mangatank

Blimey! That must have been quite an impact! Definitely talk to Spesh about a replacement…or get a POC 😉

How’s the leg now?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bit of an off on the way to work. Thigh like Chris Hoy’ is closed to new replies.