Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bit of an odd comparison Five vs Liteville 301
  • crispo
    Free Member

So I thought I was sold with a five. Had a demo at the weekend and really liked it. However…… A friend has just said he knows of an Ex-demo Liteville 301 coming up for a similar price. Now I’m sure the spec would be great on the Liteville , it’s got syntace, carbon rims etc but I’m intrigued to know what the ride is like.

Anyone had much experience of this, and even possibly compared to a five!?

One thing that’s holding me back is if I’m forking out for a new bike I’d like it to be actually new….

ferrit
    Free Member

My bike and review

Now in 160mm mode with 55RC3s on. Absolutely the best bike I’ve ever owned. Do it.

I test rode a 301 last week in the lakes for a day (quite probably the actual bike you are referring too)

I normally ride an Alpine, but I also liked the 301’s handling and light weight. It was set up in 160mm mode and coped pretty well at everything I could find to mince down.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the fact the bikes are ex-demo, they are in pretty good nick and don’t look like they’ve been thrashed.

crispo
    Free Member

Could well be that very same bike! I’m based up in the north west and friend is a lakes local!

I’m going to see when I can get a ride on it, it’s not a bike I know a lot about so really think a test will be required.

Need a bike that will take big lakes rides but also the weekly mud fest here in Lancashire, it was the simplicity of the five that was attracting me to it originally.

tasteslikeburning
    Free Member

I love my 301 and think ferrit’s review says it all.

Yep thats the one 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bit of an odd comparison Five vs Liteville 301’ is closed to new replies.